Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda civic 2003 remote keyless lock not working on driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Unhappy Honda civic 2003 remote keyless lock not working on driver's side

So I have a civic coupe 2003. I had my car valet parked one time and I was not sure what the driver did to my car door. The lock on driver side then no longer works with the keyless remote control, i.e. I have to manually use the key to open the door and lock the door on the driver side. The alarm is still working. And the lock on the passenger side is still working.

It's noticeable that sometimes once in a while the lock goes in half way, or sometimes it's back to working normally, then back to not working again. I wonder if it could be that something becomes loosen because the door was opened too wide (by the valey parking guy). I took my car in at the SF honda dealer and they quoted $145 just for diagnostic test. Anyone has any similar experience or any suggestion as to what I should do? Is $145 reasonable for such diagnostic test? I doubt if I took the car to local auto shop, would they be able to deal with the alarm as well. Thanks for all your inputs!