Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

boss and dual for an indash

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member
Default boss and dual for an indash

i am purchasing an indash dvd player andi was curious to know if anybody knows ifthe companys boss and/or dual have quality indashes???

Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: boss and dual for an indash

I don't know much about Boss myself, I would have to look into it, but Dual decks seem to be ok.

They are on the cheaper range of equipment, but thats not to say they are cheaply made. Looking at their site I see they have been around since 04, and they look like they have their heads on straight.

Alot of people hated Jensen for a while, but their units are actualy pretty decent for the guy just looking for some decent sound and not alot of frills, plus they are very affordable.

Just viewing the in-dash that Wal-mart sells for 400.00 you can see the Dual has a nice set of options, it plays MP3 and WMA files, has a built-in tuner, and will even read your DVD-R/RW files. IT has 2 sets of preamp outputs also, I wouldn't settle for anything less.

I would gladly invest in this company, but I would probably drop another 30.00 or so for a 1 or 2 year service plan, wherever I purchased it. Best Buy for example would probably give you 3 years for that, and I hear they will un-install and re-install the unit for the life of the warranty if you buy a new car or what not. I might be wrong, but at least if it cops out one day you get a new on free of charge!

Old 01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Boss and Dual are both total crap. Look for a reputable brand and read reviews online about them. In dash DVD players are expensive. Look into Eclipse, Alpine, or other reputable brand name dvd players.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

yea i was looking at clarion im most likely going to purchase a clarion indash, and i would not let best buy install my indash because the way they isntall it it will not allow me to drive and watch dvds at the same time.. " its against the law" [:@]

Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

duals are good....and u cna have best buyinstal just tell them not to connect the wire to the brake that allows u to do things only when u are stopped

Old 01-06-2007, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

duals aren't the greatest, but they aren't total crap either.

if you like 'em, buy 'em. just make sure you fill out that warranty card, just in case they do crap out, just like any other part you buy for your car.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: herbaleyes

Boss and Dual are both total crap. Look for a reputable brand and read reviews online about them. In dash DVD players are expensive. Look into Eclipse, Alpine, or other reputable brand name dvd players.
Heres the real answer.....also available at ou local schucks auto supply. I would say, stay away from BOTH of those lines. I have been in the car audio business for nearly 20 years..... herbaleyes is on the money...its crap!

Old 01-13-2007, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

i gotta be the local party pooper. It is illegal and dangerous to have a dvd player on and drive at the same time. Anybody who has one on in the front seat while driving shold do everyone a favor and either park it, or drive it off a cliff so as to not endanger me when your not paying attention because of a movie. People like that are whats going to cause a ban on in-car video. THAT being said, i wouldnt let bb install mythings either simply because the might screw it up, lol.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-13-2007, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: herbaleyes

and do you have either sir?