Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

build me a sound system please

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Default build me a sound system please

Hi, I got 09 civic DX-G sedan. I got 1-1500dollars for the sound system budget. can you guys recommend me some sick sound systems that I could afford for it? I'm thinkin about 300 dollars for the head unit. which head unit would you recommend with screen that can play dvds and has bluetooth for around 300 dollars.
I'm also thinking to get Polk Audio db6501 for the front speakers.
I dont know which amps, rear speakers and subs would be good for me.
Recommendation is highly desired.

P.S.
I listen to all kinds of music like RnB rock electronics
however I wanna have sick bass

Thanks

Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

Get an Alpine BT 126 head unit, like mine. It has built-in bluetooth with an external microphone for phone calls, iPod capability built-in with a supplied OEM iPod speed cable that hooks into the back, and it also plays CDs (if you still use them). It's a freakin' awesome head unit, i must say.

As for the Polk Audio db6501s, I gots me some of doze too! lol.

They're way better than the Alpine Type-S components I first had (which were garbage for the money - YES, it's my opinion).

I do like the Alpine V-power amps, however, which are excellent bargains for the money. As for rear speakers, try to match the fronts no matter which brand or model you buy.

As for the subs, I'd recommend JL Audio, which can be crazy expensive, but they're great performers. If you're willing to try something different, look into Memphis Audio.

And if you're stoopid-rich, then look into a complete Focal system! lol.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

PS, if you do buy component speakers, buy some with dedicated crossover boxes like the Polk Audio DB 6501s.

In-line cross-overs suckBallz!!1

Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 PM

I love me some JL Audio.

Used to run Slash 300/4 v2, 250/1 v2, C5 5 1/4 upfront and 10w6 in a sealed box. Just ran some MB Quart 6x9s in the rear deck.

My first sub was a 12 in a sealed box and man did it hit. Too much hearing damage though, not young anymore.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:19 PM

I would look into MTX subwoofers and Component... they are way better then JL anyday.. yes everyone says JL is the best but they are truely lieing they sound good at low watts.. but for the half the price and more pound hitting bass go to mtx trust i seen the test on the mtx sub vs the any JL sub.. JL cant compaire to MTX subs.. it has been proven time after time.. I been installing car audio for ova ten yrs. i tell you MTX is way better hands down.. and i can prove it to any JL person.. my MTX subs will wipe the floor with your JL crap shooters LOL