Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get rid of rattle, please help, ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Default getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get rid of rattle, please help, ideas?

hey all, need a little help.. I drive a '05 Civic 2dr coupe.. I have a Kenwood 1000 watt amp powering 2 12" Alpine subs (pointed away from me)in a non ported box with the power cap.. I also have an amp powering the speakers, but that isn't the problem...

I got my trunk lid dynamated to try and reduce rattling, didn't reduce a thing.. I put dynamat under my license plate and it worked really well.. I know for a fact 100% of my rattle is coming from the trunk lid... I got the trunk lid professionally installed with dynamat, it cost me $200 and that's all I will spend as there were very minimal results...

i'm @ a point now that I am going to sell my subs, power cap and amp.. and just keep my touch screen and amp powering the speakers..the sound I have inside my car is incredible, I love it.. but although I can't hear the rattle from inside my car, I know it's still there on the outside, and it bugs the hell out of...

If any of you have ideas to reduce rattling that have worked for you, I would love to hear them.. i'm about ready to sell my system unless I can fix this.. I can reduce the rattle to barely nothing by adjusting the settings on my touch screen, but then i'm reducing my sound experience inside drastically.. anyways thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you...

Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Default RE: getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get rid of rattle, please help, ideas?

sorry about all the extra quotation marks.. it's not my fault lol I edit my post for proper grammar and it always adds quotation marks I didn't type in lol, weird...

Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Default RE: getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get rid of rattle, please he

ORIGINAL: ILOVEMYCIVIC

sorry about all the extra quotation marks.. it's not my fault lol I edit my post for proper grammar and it always adds quotation marks I didn't type in lol, weird...
not your fault, it's part of this virus the forum got. it's all screwed up. won't let you post sometimes, doubles your apostrophes, etc.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Default RE: getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get

are you 100% sure it's from the trunk lid? it might be the rear deck rattling against the window or something similar, that seems to be a really common rattling problem. if this is the case, it would still seem to be coming from the trunk lid when it's actually coming from the rear deck. also in this case, it is possible for it to only be able to be heard outside the car.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can't get

i have a BRAND new civic with 2 10s.. 0 rattle inside and on the outside it rattles.... if u cant hear it, forget about it.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: getting ready to sell my super sound system, because I can'

Turn up your radio and press down on things to find out where the rattle is coming from. If its from the inside by the rear window, you might be able to squeeze something in there. If its the trunk, then you might be able to tighten the latch from the trunk and it could get rid of the rattle.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

i always found that the most of my rattle came from the black plastic that goes around the license plate that has the lights for the plate.. i never figured out how to take it apart and try and deaden it.. got 2 noise ordinances and called it quits.