Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

buzzing from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default buzzing from speakers

i get a buzzing noise from all my speakers and my tweeters only when the car is on....is this just a bad ground on the 4 channel amp..becuase i can turn up the gain so its loud with no distoirtion or anything but then when i turn on the car the speakers all buzz..u can only hear the buzz at low volumes. the buzz doesn't get louder with the volume

so is this a bad ground?

Old 03-25-2007, 05:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: buzzing from speakers

i think it could be the ground but im not for sure...i have the same thing coming from my rear speakers but i havnet go to mess with it and find out the real reason....I know what you mean though cause when i turn it up it goes away.It doesnt happen all the time though.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

u need to buy an adapter that will reduce the noise.
idk if it works or if it will get rid of all of the noise
but i saw it at radio shack last nite.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

are you talking about a ground loop isolator???

Old 03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

yeah, that might help, but if you didnt notice the buzzing before you installed your 4 channel then I would focus on the amp grounds and speaker connections. The buzzing is most likely a ground, unless it was present before your amp installs.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

mine was present even before so i need to check my grounds i just havent had the time....its wierd cause sometimes my brake when i press on it has something to do with the noise coming from my 6x9's...lol

Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 AM
HCF Member

it wasn't there when i got my amp installed it showed up after a while

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

check the grounds and also make sure your RCA cables arent run with the other cable, that can induce noice into the speakers (i skimmed the post sorry if i miss something, lol)
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

might be a faulty alternator / regulator circuit, i know that in my dads car he has the volume really high because his tape input is really low, and if he isnt playing anything you can hear the the engine in the spekars, as it reves the sound speeds up too, its not cause of a bad alt in this case, but maby in urs it is. like everyone else said, check the easy stuff like groundingl, and then maby get a ground isoloator, and then check out the alternator

Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

if it was because the RCAs were run with the other cables wouldn't that have been something that has been happening from the beggining? it just started about maybe a month or 2 after getting tha mp installed and then i thought the spaekrs were blown but i was wrong

Quick Reply: buzzing from speakers