Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

buzzing from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: buzzing from speakers

bump

Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

right now u hace a single wire that runs to the amp from the radio to turn it on only when the radio is on. what he is saying is disconnect this wire and try "jumpstaring" the amp by wiring up a manual switch.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

oooh so if i do that will i be able to turn off the amp and just run off the deck....and how dso i do than what do i run to power ground and the other thing on the swtich

Old 04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

just go to the amp and disconect the remote on wire, it is the really thin one inbetween the power and ground wires. then jupstart the amp by connecting the remote on terminal to the powerwire, using another peice of wire, or switch. then turn on the radio and check for the buzzing

Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

ooh that was much easier said...i kno about this kind of stuff it was just the wording that was confusing...so disconnect the REM and use a pice of wire from the REM on the amp to the power on the amp? and if that solves the problem what do i do because wouldn't leaving it like that have the amp be always on?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

if that works, i would first try to rerout the remote wire, or get a better sheilded one. if that doesnt work, u could try hooking the wire upto the ACC lead.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

ok i tried the thing with the REM line that didn't work...I also tried some things from crutchfield like taking the cd player out of the dash while its still connected to see if its being radiated at that point but that didn't change anything either...i also tried new RCA's but that didn't help....what next?!?!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

im not sure if this was asked before, but does it do it when the car is off?, and u only have the key in the acc position. if it only buzzes when the car is on it is most likely a bad alternator, or inadiquit sheilding on your sparkplug wires, are u rinning aftermarket plug wires?

Old 04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

no my spark plugs are the ones that came in the car too and yes it only happens when the engine is running

maybe i need new spark plugs they have about 41k miles on them? could that be it?

Old 04-13-2007, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

sparkplugs most likely wont cause it, but with 40K on em i would replace em anyways, u may need to have the alternator checked

Quick Reply: buzzing from speakers