Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

cathodes are fragile

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: cathodes are fragile

illegal... well not when parked... BUT if you try driving with them GOOD LUCK..... seeing outside your cars windows with the color glaren off them is gonna be VERY HARD.LOL they are preaty bright!!!!!

and ya green i think is thier brightest color ive loved them since i put them on my trucks underbody

i just wish i had a good camera back then. LMFAO

this is how i had mine setup.

just one strip

tho i pulled all the cathodes off my truck when i got my civic to put em on it.....

i loved em... THEY WHERE KILLER on my truck truck sat up high enough to to REALY spread out the light! and on my civic i had to use some L channeling to hide the bulbs... and the civics alot lower to the ground so the light cannt spread out as much...

BUT the new lights are LED FLEXSTRIPS
hell i tore my front strip almost in half from dragen the front of my car on a pile of snow.LOL
BUT i was able to solder on some new wires onto the flexable strip and now it all lights up again
GOTTA LOVE REPAIRABLE!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

that SOB is bright dude damn.....lol...i remember when i had my blue kit on my galant but it was never even close to being that bright...that was back when streetglow first came out though.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

Damn sorry to hear. I have sixe cathodes in mine and never broken one. But I only let my cousin ride in my car. Everyone else has to take their own. LOL I am overprotective of my baby. I know this.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n8te81

that SOB is bright dude damn.....lol...i remember when i had my blue kit on my galant but it was never even close to being that bright...that was back when streetglow first came out though.
ya compare this... cheap 4ft neon bulb.... compared to just ONE 12inch cold cathode....

i just WISH that hondas gauge needles where removable and clearable like my trucks is...

its like little light sabors driving at night..... LMFAO

Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

they're usually illegal driving around, but when you are parked, cops really cant do much about it. Interior i'm not too sure about but everyone drives around with them on and i've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. Theres a website i found that has laws about lighting for every state but i cant find it (it's on my Favorites at home). I'll post it tonight if you guys wanna see it.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

lol What do you mean cops and do anything about it. If it's illegal then they can pull you over and give you a ticket. I'm my state having neon inside your car is illegal also. I drive with my underglow on but not my interior lighting, makes it too hard to see outside my car lol.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:40 AM
HCF Member

i meant if you are parked, cops cant really pull you over or write you a ticket. I dont think any states have laws about being parked (off of a street) and not being allowed to have neons on.

EDIT: i edited my other post to make it clearer my bad

Old 03-14-2007, 07:49 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ORIGINAL: n8te81

ya compare this... cheap 4ft neon bulb.... compared to just ONE 12inch cold cathode....

i just WISH that hondas gauge needles where removable and clearable like my trucks is...

its like little light sabors driving at night..... LMFAO
see thats how mine were....all weak and ****e and my car was even lowered,if i would have know about cathodes everything would have been great with them.

here in texas im pretty sure that you can have them anywhere as long as you cant see the bulb OUTISDE the car....i say that cause there are some tards around here that drive around (mainly in trucks) that have the bulb there where the domelight is and drove around a cop about 4 times and never got in trouble.I got pulled over about 3 times when i first had mine cause that was when they first came out and everyone had them.Now i think the cops dont even care that much since only few ppl have them nowadays.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya here in indiana i heard as long as the bulbs are hidden they are fine... but if you can see the bulbs with BLUE, RED, GREEN its illegal... BUT for any other color seeing the bulb was fine.. .which i thought was realy stupid!

but i just tuck my lights up under the car and ive only been hurased afew times... BUT ive never got any tickets for them! BUT also helps to be NICE to the cop