Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Circuit city

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Default Circuit city

Hey guys I went to circuit city a couple of days ago to get a new head unit and 4 speakers installed in my 92 4dr. They did a HORRIBLE[:@][:@][:@] job!! They managed to take out a light on my climate controll, left speaker wires stripped bare and rather then mounting the rear speakers to the sheet metal they mounted them to the CARDBOARD!!!!!!! Yea that makes the bass sound GREAT (note the heavy sarcasim) I called them up to complain and the guy said they needed grilles and mounting hardware from Honda to mount them to the sheet metal!? Is this guy blowin smoke up my a&&!? should I just do it myself instead of brining it back to these lazy @(*$^(!? keep in mind I have 6 1/2's for the back so shouldnt I be able to mount them right to it maybe have to drill holes!? anyone who can help with this it would be greatly appriciated! thanks in advance!!

Old 12-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Default RE: Circuit city

i would take my money back if i were you. Also never trust those bastards with your stuff - do the work yourself! The guy is obviosly making a fool out of you. You don't need any kind of dealer crap to install the speakers. That is proposterous! If you did, why the hell did they proceed with the install? They should have told you that before mounting the speakers. What kind of a retard would mount the speakers to the cardboard in any case? You should complain to the store manager or something.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:19 PM

dude there are lemon laws that protect you from bull sh*t like this. Tell them you want your money back... then take it to an actual car sterio shop to get it done if you cant do it yourself. Make sure that the people who are working on your system are certified... and not by circity city.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Doesnt matter where you get your stuff installed, the install is only as good as the installer. I have known some excellent installers that worked for circuit city, although they didnt work there long they did do great work all of the time.

If I were you I would take the car back to them for one last chance to right a wrong and make sure they know you were unhappy and you are giving them ONE last chance.

As for them saying they need factory stuff, they are partially right. The egs that did not come with rear speakers have uneven rear decks and take alot of work to get them mounted correctly. I personally would charge you more then it would cost get the stuff from Honda. The factory mounting stuff from honda is a large plastic mounting structure and the grill which looks great back there and protecs the speakers very well.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 PM

Yea man, complaining to the store manager will do wonders ( note the heavy sarcasim.) I'm an installer at Circuit city, and I hate when customers get the store manager involved. most of the time, store managers don't know anything about car audio and all he is hearing is a bunch of complaining. LEVIII's right, the install is only has good as the installer. You may have had a bad experience, but it is partially your fault you didint go over locations with him, and make sure he knew what YOU wanted. I would go back and have another installer fix it, i'd have them fix your dash light, and kiss your refund goodbye. On the back of the Circuit City receipt, it saids labor and delivery are services, and non-refundable.