Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

few ?s on installing honda accessories on 06 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Default few ?s on installing honda accessories on 06 Civic EX

i have an 06 Civic EX Coupe and you can only get the fog lights OR the interior blue leds..but i want both so hes my quesiton
is there a way to mod the switches it comes with into like a toggle switch or something that i can just mount onto the original cover for the switch? or is the switch that comes with it special in someway?

next is the Genuine Honda Base system that replaces the rear deck speakers into subs the site i was going to get it from says its not for the coupe Si or EX models why is that? and if its possible do you think its worth the $270 plus installing them. i dont really wanna take up all the room in my truck with subs so thats kinda out of the question

thanks for your help

Old 08-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Default RE: few ?s on installing honda accessories on 06 Civic EX

ORIGINAL: GETxERxDONE

i have an 06 Civic EX Coupe and you can only get the fog lights OR the interior blue leds..but i want both so hes my quesiton
is there a way to mod the switches it comes with into like a toggle switch or something that i can just mount onto the original cover for the switch? or is the switch that comes with it special in someway?

next is the Genuine Honda Base system that replaces the rear deck speakers into subs the site i was going to get it from says its not for the coupe Si or EX models why is that? and if its possible do you think its worth the $270 plus installing them. i dont really wanna take up all the room in my truck with subs so thats kinda out of the question

thanks for your help
I'm afraid I can't help you with the fog lights and interior lights. There probably is a way to modify the installation of one or the other to make it work but I don't have a clue as to how to do that.

As for the GHBS, H & A Accessories show them as being available for the EX coupe. Click the link I just provided and follow the logical progression through. The base speaker upgrade is under the "Interior accessories" link. You'll have to scroll to find them but when you do, it has three links for installation instructions in PDF format for the Coupe, the Sedan, and the Hybrid models. The instructions are labaled as "preliminary" on these, I think because the '06 models are a complete redesign of the Civic but it at least implies that this accessory should be available for your Coupe.

You'll also find install directions for the blue interior lights and for the fog lamps which our located in the "Exterior accessories" link. You might try printing out both of those and comparing them to see where the conflict somes in the installation. It may be a total PITA to get around, or it might be nothing at all.

Good luck,
Steve R.

PS: I've done a lot of business with H & A Accessories through the years. I've bought stuff from them for an '01 Odyssey and an '04 S2000. Their service is truly first class. Let us know how it goes!