Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Fiberglass box for new style coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Fiberglass box for new style coupe

Yea I must agree, I have personally built fiberglass speaker enclosures with lots of curves and such for under 300 bones. The last one I did was for an S10 blazer, 4 10's WAY under 300.00. The gentleman got it sprayed to match the exterior color, and that is what brought the finished product to the 300.00 mark.

But to each his own....

Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Well I apprechiate all the feedback, Do any of you have a 05+ Civic coupe. If you do you will see how well this box fits. A lot of people can build sub boxes out of fiberglass but the quality matters. Just look at JL enclosures thay build, superior quality and respected price point.

The boxI have is a great solution for someone who does nothave the time to build an enclosure for their car, For someone who wants the highest grade fiberglass not just the stuff you get atHome Depot. Yes there is a quality difference in fiberglass you use. For someone who will be picky about what they put in their car.

I am sure you can build a box for $100 but, can you mass produce one for $100 each and have it be a quality product. Not to mention stand behind your product.

Not trying to start up a business here, this is an established venture looking to help the 05 + Civic owners. We have many many owners with 96-2000 Style Civic that are very happy with the product.

If you can build it your own great, one thing you all forget is most people have busyschedules and their time is worth money. Mostshops charging at $55 - $75 / Hr how about calculating how long it took you all to make your own enclosures an find out how many hours it took to come to a finish. Unless ofcourse you DO NOT value your time at all. If you tell me your time is worth NOTHING, well we have nothing else to say do we...

Anyways...
If anyone is interested in a Almost TurnKey Box we now have them available for 05+ Civic Coupe and 96-2000 Civic Coupe.
As well as many other Make and models.
more info can be found at www.wickedcas.com
We will be happy to help you all out with JL, Focal and Kenwood If anyone is interested... Unless you can make your own Amp, sub and CD player too... (Just kidding)... ;-)

Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM

As far as I am concerned, I was definetly NOT knocking you or your boxes by any means. I have the time to build my own boxes, and enjoy it. You prove a good point regarding shops and the cost entailed with someone else building a box, mass producing etc. If does look like a quality product, although carpet in my opinion is a little bit weak. Do you offer mirror finish, or color match paint? That would set you apart.

What do you have for a 92-95 hatch? I would be interested in seeing what you have done in one of these.

Sometimes people on here get a littel out of control with their posts...dont take anything to heart.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 AM

However after looking at some of the pictures...I am starting to dig the carpet...looks FACTORY. Wicked sick man.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dito....

but only way i would pay 300bucks for a glassed box is if it was COMPLETLY SMOOTHED AND PAINTED to match my car......

a box that small would definatly be preaty cheap to build.... and if its flawed form... you can only cover it in thick carpet to hide the imperfections.... vinyl shows bad spots just as bad as paint if ya ask me!

hell i spent about 150bucks on my trucks fiberglass floor and i still got ALOT of fiberglass and a whole gallon of resin left. LMFAO
i could do it all over again and still have some left...

but i have thought about building some boxes like that for my civic before when i was only gonna run some 10s.... but they i said WHY NOT GO LOUD....

if people would cut away at thier rear bracing and brace it back up alittle around the cut section.... you can build a preaty good size box in those corners!