Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

finally ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:02 PM
HCF Member
Default finally ordered

well, i finally ordered the last few things i need for my complete alpine system. i ordered two type r 12's, dynamat bulk pack ( 36 sq. ft. ) and a stinger multi amp wiring kit w/ 1.2 farad cap. i still have got to buy a box and i am getting an optima yellowtop. any suggestions on what type of box to get? it needs to be slot ported...and also, i know my battery is smaller since i have a civic ( 2000 si ), so what is the # on the yellowtop? i know that is the only one they make for my car and i dont know which one it is. anybody know where to get a new one off the internet cheap? they are too expensive in stores just like everything else. thanks for any help. after christmas it should all be hooked up and a viper 5000 alarm is going in as well. ill post pics on this topic when this stuff comes in. until then, here is all i have - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla.../ph//my_photos

Old 12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: finally ordered

Nice! I just ordered my new sub. It will be the first ten ive ever owned. I just got tired of the 12's sloppyness.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Maybe you should get a better 12, being size plays no part in response. Dayton is freaking awesome unknown company

Old 12-15-2005, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

You are aware of them!? Awesome.. I never knew anybody else would know my secret! lol. I almost got the Titanic MKIII again but I decided against it because it can be put in a smaller box unlike the Titanic needs a friggin rediculous 3 cu. And also it was cheaper

Old 12-15-2005, 02:42 PM

Yea the MKIII is eaily the best bang for buck supersub out there, but it does need a huge box to perform well

Old 12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

nice remmy, you just get one or what? bobbytonic, these subs are good enough for me. im sure they will hit pretty hard and sound quite alright. im not entering any sound competitions or anything. i will still have the baddest system at my school by far. i might look into a custom made box just depending on how much it is. i forgot what the stuff is called, but they make it and put a shiny looking plastic over it like the people in shows do. any idea how much it is? i was just thinkin....

Old 12-15-2005, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Nice! I just ordered my new sub. It will be the first ten ive ever owned. I just got tired of the 12's sloppyness.
MUCH better than your Rockford idea, I'll let you get away with that one Remmy...

Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

apparently Daytons new high output subs spank the Titanics... but they got the high outputs beat when it comes to xmax. But I also like them because they are no frills. It makes a great statement that your sub doesnt have to be pretty to sound good.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

well, i finally ordered the last few things i need for my complete alpine system. i ordered two type r 12's, dynamat bulk pack ( 36 sq. ft. ) and a stinger multi amp wiring kit w/ 1.2 farad cap. i still have got to buy a box and i am getting an optima yellowtop. any suggestions on what type of box to get? it needs to be slot ported...and also, i know my battery is smaller since i have a civic ( 2000 si ), so what is the # on the yellowtop? i know that is the only one they make for my car and i dont know which one it is. anybody know where to get a new one off the internet cheap? they are too expensive in stores just like everything else. thanks for any help. after christmas it should all be hooked up and a viper 5000 alarm is going in as well. ill post pics on this topic when this stuff comes in. until then, here is all i have - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla.../ph//my_photos
excellent setup, i only have one type r and the mrd-605, and it sounds awesome, so i figure yours is gonna be very loud

Old 12-15-2005, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

nice remmy, you just get one or what? bobbytonic, these subs are good enough for me. im sure they will hit pretty hard and sound quite alright. im not entering any sound competitions or anything. i will still have the baddest system at my school by far. i might look into a custom made box just depending on how much it is. i forgot what the stuff is called, but they make it and put a shiny looking plastic over it like the people in shows do. any idea how much it is? i was just thinkin....
Fiberglass?

Custom install will run you $6-700 if a shop does it, and thats a a very basic fiberglass job

Quick Reply: finally ordered