Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Default RE: got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db

ya that looks insane bro wow that would make it kill and back massage all day!!! haha

Old 06-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if gas wasnt so much OR it got twice as much milage.... id still be rocken the truck.LOL but 15mpg.... well thats when the gas pump bites you in the @ss hardcore!
if i drove my truck daily still id have NO MONEY to spend on toys!
i still have that box siting in my semi trailer just begging to slam again!

well not realy sure about air flow difference... maybe alittle more with the seats down.... and yes having the seat down sounds beter so unless i have someone in the back seat that small portion of the back seat is always down and for comps i drop them both....

Old 06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

if all you want is loud and want to win db contests then definetely go with the 15 if you can make it fit. but you know just as well as i do that the 12 is gonna be tighter bass with better sound quality. I prefer the 12 because i prefergood sound quality while being decently loud as opposed to crazy loud but sounding like crap. I'm runnin one 12 Alpine type R and I hit about 130 db, but my amp is only about 300 RMS, but also I have a hatch so the sub is open to the rest of the car and is a lot more efficient at creating sound in the cabin. I am about to upgrade my system as well and go with 2 12 type Rs and a Rockford amp.

anyway the 15 will be louder, but the 12 will have better sound quality, depends on what you are lookin for

Old 06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well 2 15s in my truck still sounded great.... just depends on your sub.... my SX was made for a SQ/SPL mix.... and the newer FIcaraudio BTL fullt loaded is the model sub i will be buying..

i know i can build abox to fit... BUT it will have to be made INSIDE the trunk... which isnt to hard to do realy... just gonna take some time and preping... also squizing thru the back seat to build.LMFAO
but i know i can do it.... i just have to keep saving money.... which is always a tuff thing to do.LOL

Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

man I hear ya. i get a paycheck every couple of weeks just like most everyone else, but somehow I never can save any of it.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:59 PM

I miss my bass so much sometimes. You have a really nice sytem, major kudos. I just helped my friend put a 12 inch alpine type r in a bandpass with a 900 watt alpine amp (in a jeep wrangler soft top, lol). All this makes me want to blow all my summer savings..

Old 06-23-2007, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

i just got my ho 165 alt in on thursday.. did a big 3.. will have 2 RE SE's, an orion 1200d, orion 4004, and my sealed box goin in in about a week.. all i need is my rca's and my enclosure and im ready to go.. have all kicker wiring and it should be sick.. do you still have a meter with you? maybe i can come by sometime and get it metered.. my aunt lives up in brownsburg!

Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 AM

You could easily break 140 with that sub. What is teh box tuned to?? Bet if you turned it around it be louder.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Recognized HCF Member

not realy... see last year same equipment but rear firing on 1200watts... was only like 128....
so i believe front firing is alot beter...

i dont have the LEGAL termlab... its at a car show slamology... thats like the only reason i go every year... for the bass competition and to buy some Tshirts

i sold my rims yesterday morning... went to autozone got some new floor matts and some wax/tire shine stuff. then went to the show and bought about 150bucks worth of Tshirts and a hat. then came home and spent another 101bucks on groceries. LMFAO
thank goodness i sold them rims or i wouldnt have any money in my bank right now.LOL
next week im gonna order that fender roller tool and at least get preping my car again for some nice rims..... i got enough cash to buy it now BUT still have to pay for insurance and cable bill

eventualy i will have rims that wont rub. LOL till then ill keep shinen up my steelies. [8D]

Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

hey addiction, i was running a 10" fosgate P2 dual voice coil sub until it got stolen. i was pretty happy with it but am looking to upgrade. hows the SQ of that RE sub. i've never heard one before. i see they need lots o power.

Quick Reply: got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db