Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db

im running 2 12's RE hybrids and i think the sq on them is pretty dam good for sq/spl subs...they do need some power though.I have about 750 to each right now and i still need about 1400 to each...lol.I think i could get over 150 db if i can get that much to them and keep my voltage up.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i like the SQ/SPL mix...
BUT for my next sub upgrade im gonna go with a FIaudio BTL
fiaudio ive heard is preaty much a REaudio spin off....
and so far from my emails ive sent they have MUCH beter customer service! with preaty much same quality of subs.
at least from what ive heard... and ive contacted them quite a few times thru emails and EVERY email was answered preaty quickly... hell anyone thats tried emailing REaudio..... will tell you... dont even try email.LOL phone was also hard to get someone to pickup...
www.ficaraudio.com

tho ive been kicken around the idea of either a single BTL 15... OR MAYBE 2 12inch BL..... BUT with the 2 12s id have to use the WHOLE trunk... no space for spare tire either....
so i guess im still preaty firm on upgrading to the BTL 15...... and still be able to rock the fullsize spare tire!

only downfall is i wanna do SO MANY THINGS... and so little money to buy them.....
i just gotta upgrade my alternator and 2 new batteries FIRST!!!!!!!! i was gonna buy that fender roller next week BUT ive been thinking.... well i need my alternator and batteries before i need rims.LOL
and them im gonna just start buying RIM by RIM every paycheck.LOL then when i get 2 rims... i love onto 2 tires.... then buy 2 more rims and then two more tires... then another 2 rims and one tire.LOL so total 6rims and 5tires gotta have a fullsize spare tire and a spare rim just incase of damaging a rim! just gotta think ahead before they discontinue the rims.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

scott made the subs for RE and got tired of thier crap and thats when he decided to do FI...i bought my subs from him and he asked if i wanted to wait till he made the btl ones in a couple of months but i couldnt wait...lol.I did have his cell number but i lost it but he is prolly one of the best guys to deal with.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya.... BY FAR beating REs customer service!!!!
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...p?showforum=51

hell i tried 2months to get specs for what kinda air space and port area to use on my old XXX 18... and NEVER got a responce from them... someone else just sugested 4ft so i did that sealed cause no one would tell me anything for ported!

FIaudios got TONS of detailed info... explaining all options. box sizes and along with great customer service... thats where my moneys gonna go with i upgrade my sub!
tho ill still keep my SX... ill put that in my truck... either the extended cab PORTED but i doubt it cause im trying to sell it... or in my reg cab in a custom center console not sure if ported or sealed tho. with 600watts.
great sub... but just doesnt get loud enough... and doesnt like 1600watts.LOL

Old 06-25-2007, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

Not to bad was that a legal score or not? On the dash or in the floor? Back when I had my 98 sedan I slapped a 142.6 on the new termlab mics when they first came out with 1 12 and 1200rms. I simply cant take that **** anymore though. I remember back when I had a ED e15a flat piston sub(absolute junk and ED along with the owner Ben can lick a ******* for all I care) but I did hit up around 140 with it with a older MTX 81000D but it was older looser mics.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well legal to me is legal dash new termlab...

for my next box im thinking about building a swapable port.. that way i can have a SPL port... my cars freq was like 47-50hz my port is tuned to 34hz...
but it shouldnt be to hard to get louder... alls i realy need is the high power alt and 2 new yellow tops... one in front one in rear... my yellow top now is like 3-4years old! i had it in my old 96jimmy, then my truck.. and now in my civic. needless to say its had a ruff life.... fully drained way to many times!

but i LOVE over 140db!!!!!!!! my 2 15s was just brutal... I LOVED IT.. made it hard to swallow... plus the killer back massage. ill be that loud again... just takes more money.LOL

Old 06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

well mine is about 148.7 on streetbeat and now it always sounds like one 12 and i hate that...lol.I still wanna wall mine off and put 4 12's since i never have anyone in the backseat but thats something that will have to wait awhile.

i dont think ED is crap either.....my nine1 is pretty badass,and nothing could beat the warranty and out perform that thing for the price.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

Well ED screwed me over pretty good but this was in like 03

Old 06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

So with all of this bass , can u actually hear what song ur playing or just the bass in the song.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o i can hear the words fine.....
BUT then again my upgraded speakers and my alpine headunit sound quite a bit louder than the stockers

tho eventualy i do want to amp the interior speakers even more BUT..... thats in a later date...LOL

Quick Reply: got my LEGAL mic SPL number today. 136.6db