Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Honda Motor Company... of Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Default Honda Motor Company... of Canada?

Anyone have knowledge of the civic's from Honda of Canada? Somehow, I became cursed with not 1, but 2. An 89 h/b and a 94 h/b both from Canada. Problem I have is with wiring, in both for a simple aftermarket cd deck, a Ecplipse in one and Kenwood in the other. Using aftermarket harnesses design for the year/make/model having NO luck. The wiring does not match. Even tried using the same pattern as on the stock unit with no luck. Memory, illumination does not work/hold, tried to run seperate wire to empty slot in fuse panel(tested hot) and still no luck. These cars are a nightmare!!! Had to make 4 trips to/from the parts store because the axle and starter they were giving me for that year/model would not work. Any ideas besides mine which is a very steep cliff? Canada, A[:@]

Old 10-14-2005, 08:22 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda Motor Company... of Canada?

About the wiring. It sounds like you are trying to wire the factory wires to the new head unit.... BAD IDEA. You should have picked up a wiring harnes from Metra.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Have the Metra harness. Color codes are not matching up with the factory harness. Radio works when headlights are on if that makes any sense, have tested all factory pins for a constant hot, there isn't one for memory. My main problem in both cars is the illumination and memory wires from the Eclipse and Kenwood decks, they will not turn on without the illum. connected. Have a friend who installs at Best Buy and have puzzled him, also I work with a Honda tech who said the harness (Metra) is set for Jap/Usa wiring and probably not Canada/Usa? But from the diagram on the factory radio(which works when hooked up), I should be ready to go with no problems.

Had a problem at the parts store getting a replacement starter and axle, took 4 tries, they werent the "typical" parts every other Jap. Honda takes. Crazy deal. Like have a Chevy Camaro that was built in China.lol

Old 10-14-2005, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

man... that sucks. I almost bought one that said honda of canada under the hood. Thankfully i didnt.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

Ok, i gotcha now. That is a rare situation these days. However there is one more trick you can pull. Its not a quick fix though. Take you memory and wire it to your ignition

Old 10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

You could wire it to you ingnition but what I'd suggest is getting your self a good sized brick, doesn't have to be anything special, you could even use a rock. Find a good sized cliff, put the rock on your gas pedal, make it look like you rolled out of the car at the last second and sue Honda for a million dollars because their gas pedal stuck to the floor and nearly killed you. Then buy a bunch of different cars.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:58 AM

AMG thats a good idea, would like to do it in Canada if possible!!, right on top of the Honda plant there. They need to stick to making hockey pucks. Will give Remingtons idea a shot first, if that doesn't work, I will be brick hunting. Thanks guys, appreciate it![>:]