Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

head unit doesnt hold any memory!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Default head unit doesnt hold any memory!!!!

hello everybody,
i have a 95 honda civic and had to splice my factory wiring from the radio to my new Pyle PLD53MUT head unit. i wired everything correctly except when i turn the car off the head unit always gets reset...the presets, the volume the eq the clock everything. I have the white/blue(constant) wire connected to the yellow(constant) and the yellow/red(ignition switch) connected to the red(switch) wire but it still doesnt hold the memory!! What is wrong guys!!!??

Please help me out
Thank you so much

Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Check whether the 7.5 A BACKUP fuse #32 under the hood is blown.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:54 AM

i will check and let you know
thanks RonJ

Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

If you just recently installed the head unit and the memory has never worked, then you forgot to wire in the memory lead to a constant power source. If you lose your presets, clock preset, and sound shaping settings every time you turn off the vehicle, then it's most likely your memory wire. Check all fuses as well.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

As Ron said, the fuse under the hood supplies power to the white/blue constant power wire. When you go cutting wires (not recommended) without disconnecting the battery first (really not recommended), you're almost certain to blow it.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
If you just recently installed the head unit and the memory has never worked, then you forgot to wire in the memory lead to a constant power source. If you lose your presets, clock preset, and sound shaping settings every time you turn off the vehicle, then it's most likely your memory wire. Check all fuses as well.
i did that as stated in my post however i cannot find fuse #32 that ronj speaks of

Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mk378
As Ron said, the fuse under the hood supplies power to the white/blue constant power wire. When you go cutting wires (not recommended) without disconnecting the battery first (really not recommended), you're almost certain to blow it.
i always disconnected the battery before doing any electrical work but i will def check that fuse cause thats what it has to be. thanks

Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by tatman523
i did that as stated in my post however i cannot find fuse #32 that ronj speaks of
On the cover for the under-hood fuse box, the fuse is labeled BACKUP (7.5A).

Old 05-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

when you say SLICED..... i hope you mean you bought a wire harness adapter... and didnt cut up your factory harness!

if you did take this for next time... NEVER CUT THE FACTORY WIRES!!!!!!! its the stupidest thing you can ever do with a radio!!!!!!!! spend the 8-15bucks and save yourself ALOT OF HASSLE!!! those wires are color coded and match right up with any aftermarket radio harness. PLUS you can wire them all up inside your house anytime you want and then simply plug it into the stock harness and your deck.

when you splice wires you run into alot of problems and its just not worth it.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by tatman523
i didn't feel like reading the op

Quick Reply: head unit doesnt hold any memory!!!!