Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Hookin up an Amp..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 AM

I know im gonna need some RCA cables, hook em up to the back of my stereo,
run them down to my trunk. pull a cable from my battery to my trunk. (positive terminal.. using a fuse.) and is that all? just hook all that up to my amp?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
dynamat would help, under my license plate i put these round rubber grommets that i bought from home depot under each of the screws holding mine on and bam no more rattling
Yeah im thinking of hitting up homedepot and looking for something like this.
the problem is that my back license plate only has 2 screws holding it from the top, so the bottom hits and rattles when i turn it up.

and yeah i got the kit that said for 1000 watts.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

do some reading up
http://www.bcae1.com/
pretty much anything you wanna know is on that site!!!!!!

but as to the vibrating liscence plate. dynomat wont do crap on the plate! been there tried that. i had better luck with some thick camper shell foam and a hot glue gun!
stick the thick camper shell foam to the backside of the liscence plate then put the plate back on the car, then with the hot glue gun and the truck lid open put some hot glue all around those bottom 2 tabs, best you can behind the plate and infront of the plate behind those 2 tabs, then hold the liscence plate in until the glue cools and hardens. then if needed abit more glue. and if any squized out and visable simply use a razor blade carefully and cut the extra glue off.
sounds more complicated im sure but very easy and quick. doesnt take much hot glue at all. a hot glue gun is great for all kinds of small projects! not just for girls and crafts

Old 12-05-2009, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the website addiction2bass has a lot of good stuff lol

yesterday i went out and i didnt want it to rattle.. and didnt have time to hit up Lowes so i folded a thick napkin and it seemed to work pretty good...FOR NOW haha

but yeah i think ima do that with the hot glue

BTW wat way do you guys face your speakers? towards the back seat right?

Old 12-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

in a trunk it will always give you the best bass to have it firing towards the rear bumper.... you can fire it forwards and seal it off from the trunk if you dont want much if any trunk rattling BUT you loose some volume and some hard bass doing so. so its a give and take!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

i used those cork pads that go on the bottom of chairs and stuff, made not to scuff things up, on my bottom tabs

Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by chrismag
ha you guys are making me feel cheep...i used tape...
well duct tape.
well at least it wasnt scotch tape... lol

how long you guys think the battery will go for before the car not starting lol.
i got two kickers and after like 20 min the lights start flickering to the bass.

does the battery light turn on when its about to go? lol or does it just go.
i was wondering this cuz next time i go the the drive inn i dont wanna be stuck there lol (it gets cold... )

Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ive never trusted the battery light! but if your bumping your radio with the car not running then it wont take long to drain that sucker since just look at the battery! ITS SMALL AS HELL.LOL dont bump with the motor not running for more than a few mins.
if in doubt about your alternator charging... .buy a simple voltage display unit and wire it to the fuse box very easy and know if your car is charging properly.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
well at least it wasnt scotch tape... lol

how long you guys think the battery will go for before the car not starting lol.
i got two kickers and after like 20 min the lights start flickering to the bass.

does the battery light turn on when its about to go? lol or does it just go.
i was wondering this cuz next time i go the the drive inn i dont wanna be stuck there lol (it gets cold... )
you must have a tiny system mine flickers from the time i turn the system on even with the car running and an upgraded battery o wait you guys would think my system is huge but addict and i know what huge really is

Quick Reply: Hookin up an Amp..