Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

how did you install your comps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member
Default how did you install your comps?

with no factory comp location how did you put in your comps? put the woofer in the stock coax location and fab the tweet into the apillar? or does qlogic make a prefab kick panel for them? also what did you do with your crossovers?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: how did you install your comps?

Holy crap. I totally don't know what you're talking about. What are you doing with the kick panel?? That's the piece by your knees when you're in the driver's seat. Also don't the tweeters just go in the door or are you installing a second set. Most people put a second set on the rear deck, next to the speakers (6.5's or 6x9's dependent on model).

Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

crossover goes in the door panel. tweeter you can drill a hole in the door panel. then the speaker just replaces the stock speaker. just make sure not to have the tweeter more than a foot from the speaker. just some ideas

Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM

what he said for the speakers. however i have my crossovers in the little jockey boxes on the doors that some people use to store there magazines in. wasn't my idea, it came this way from the previous owner.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Wow, I just realized that comps stands for component speakers. I thought you were wanting to mount computer. I feel dumb now. You can mount the tweeter to the side mirror cover (if you don't have manual mirrors). And mount the crossovers inside the door panel. There should be some open spaces to hide it.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

yep, the woofer replaces the old speaker, crossover best place is in the door that i have found so far. As for the tweeter, thats debatable. The clearest sound from a tweeter is at ear level with no obstructions in between (i.e. a pillar or dash facing you.) but that is harder to mount. Q-logic does produce kick panels that will work but you will lose a slight amount of sound from it traveling from your feet up, but shouldnt sound much different than having co-axles down there. lol i feel like i didnt help at all on this one.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

yeah im pretty much set, going to put the woofer in the stock location, prolly drill a hole in the panel prolly 6-8in from the woofer and hide the crossovers... thanks for the feedback!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_384415/tm.htm
i have pics of mine to give you an idea. i jus put the crossovers behind the door panel wrapped in an old tshirt to prevent it from knocking around.
what brand do you have?