Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I have a question about speakers for my husband's civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Default I have a question about speakers for my husband's civic

Being the good wife that I am, I paid attention to my husband and listened when he dropped the hint that he would like some Infinity 6x9 speakers for his 2001 civic.

Can anyone here give me a few suggestions for a good set of speakers? I have no idea what the numbers mean and what type would be the best or even be compatible with his car. I have been looking on ebay and a few online electronic stores, but a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jamie

Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

Have his door speakers been upgraded yet? If not, I would recommend that you upgrade those prior to adding 6x9s.

If he really wants the Infinity 6x9s, I recommend the two way Kappas, but to get the most out of them, you are going to need to amplify them with a minimum of 60 watts RMS.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

does he have an aftermarket head unit (radio)? with upgraded speakers you can get an huge improvement in sound. are you looking to upgrade the speakers in the car? there's speakers in the front and in the back. the size for the front i believe its 6 1/2" and the rear speakers are 6x9. you don't have to get an amp, i believe upgraded speakers are an huge improvement sound already. if you want a little more better sound then get an amp to power the speakers. do you only want to get infinity's or are you not looking at any specific brand?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 PM

I honestly have no clue about quite a bit of what you mentioned, but thank you for the reply. He has an amp in the back and a sub I believe. Yes, it is an aftermarket radio. This is all I've got:

"What would you like for Christmas this year?"

"Some Infinity 6x9s"

"Too expensive, try again."

But I did some looking and I see they are around $130ish for the kappa like one of you mentioned. He also mentioned some that start with a 9...like 9226? I have it written down somewhere. I know they were on sale $65 for a pair.

Thank you very much for the help.

Jamie

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

sorry about all those writing, i guess you really don't really need to know all those. since your just really want to give your husband what he wants and he wants some infinity 6x9 speakers.

maybe the infinity 9622i? infinity is a good brand, so you can't really go wrong getting them

Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

Definately check out onlinecarstereo.com, thats where I got all my stuff, its hard to beat their prices. Here's some of there infinity 6 x 9's:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...6x9&RowIndex=8