Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

anyone else have crackling problems after upgrading radio and speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default anyone else have crackling problems after upgrading radio and speakers?

well after swaping in my clarion mp3/cd player and all my speakers they REALY SUCK at high volume with a crapy CRACKLING SOUND
thought it might have been my antena cause its the worst on the radio not cd... then i hardwired 8gauge power AND ground for the radio directly to the battery... BUT same problem!!!!!

ive only got 2 more things to try... either REwire all the speakers with new thicker wires OR the few feet of stock antena wire thats left....

but i hate runnen new speaker wires takes along time expetialy for the front doors!!!!!! door jams are HUGE pains!!!

wondering if anyone else has had this problem when upgrading and howd ya fix your problem?

Old 07-20-2006, 09:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone else have crackling problems after upgrading radio and speakers?

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well after swaping in my clarion mp3/cd player and all my speakers they REALY SUCK at high volume with a crapy CRACKLING SOUND
Sounds like your speakers have met their limits. That crackling sound is the voice coil slamming into the speaker base....lol soon to be blown speakers.
I take it the new unit puts out a bit more power, and the speakers may not have been as good as they claimed. Even thin wire should put the signal through to the speaks...tight connections? don't know what else to suggest....find someone with a quality speaker to test it out. Good luck

Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone else have crackling problems after upgrading radio and speakers?

yes ill agree with him, sound like your speakers are the problems as long as your connections are secure everywhere

Old 07-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

it cannt be the speakers..... my front components are the same ones that where in my truck. i just swaped them over and the rear 6x9s are new as well. both can take 2-3times the power at least!

thiers no way the speakers are maxed out!

stock speakers got riped out shortly after i swaped in my radio!