Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I want better sound!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Default I want better sound!!!

Okay, I've never upgraded a car stereo system in my life before, so I have some questions as far as what brands and models I should get to make a booming stereo on a budget.

I already have a good head unit and I have some rear speakers that aren't stock, I don't know how good they are (they're Kenwood KFC-1679ie's I think)

Basically right now I'm not really looking at getting a subwoofer cab yet because I want to first upgrade the speakers to make them sound better. I know that I need some kickass speakers that can handle a good amount of power and still sound like high end Denon Home Theatre System and a decent amplifier.

What do you suggest? I don't know anything about car stereo systems! lol

Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Default RE: I want better sound!!!

In my opinion for speakers either some decent Alpine, or Boston or the top of the line Pioneer. For a highs amp Id have to say Alpine. For a sub amp gonna have to go with the Fosgate. For subwoofers would say either Rockford or Alpine. Although I hate to have my amps not match so Id sacrafice mimimal SQ and go with a 4 ch Rockford. Just to match though. WOuld go Alpine but Alpine hasnt quite figured out haw to make a good sub amp yet.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I want better sound!!!

still sound like high end Denon Home Theatre System and a decent amplifier.

Its way easier to achieve top notch sound in a car. Just an f.y.i.