Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I want a new head unit...dont want to break the bank

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I want a new head unit...dont want to break the bank

You want a good unit you are going to have to be a little patient and also a bit lucky. I work for Best Buy and I can get them a bit cheaper than original price but I always look out for stuff thats on clearance. You can find some great units for pretty cheap if you are on the lookout. I went to a different location Best Buy than the one I work at and I found a Kenwood KDC-MP435U on clearance for $59.99, it was originally $159.99 (without using my discount since using discount will discount of original price). This unit has a front USB for ipod, a back Aux port (I have my satellite radio hooked up to it), it is HD Radio ready, and Sat radio ready. Will play aac files as well as mp3 and wav. Great brand name unit for cheap.

Check all the Best Buys you know for units with "Clearance" under the price tag, sometimes they have to get rid of older items to put the new merchandise in. Don't bother checking the website because you won't find the stuff thats on clearance, the best way is to actually go to the actual store.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM

Ive had a pioneer 4800mp for a little over a year now, and love it. check into it

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Pioneer-...P3-CD-Receiver

Old 04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

when did this thread come back? i started this like in augest...i got a new headunit for my birthday in feburary....CATCH UP GUYS!