Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

interior fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
HCF Member
Default interior fuse box

does anybody have or know where i can find a fuse diagram for the interior fuse box of my 96 ex?

because i moved one of the 7.5 amp fuses and i dont know which one i got it from. and some stuff stopped working since then.

so i wanna know what fuse goes where.

plus later i want to wire up some led's to the fuse box instead of runnin more power wire and an inline fuse. so i gotta know which ones are open..

thanks guys

Old 02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: interior fuse box

Ok I know this looks pretty gay, but my mouse sucks, and I am not good at paint :-)

Anyway, here is a layout of the one my 97 has. I assume they are all the same from 96 - 98, 2 and 4 door. I may be wrong, but if they are, here is what mine looks like. The blanks are open, I tried to label it best I could.

Good luck :-)

Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

well stu lemme just ask you cuz maybe you could answer my question (the one i was trying to answer by knowing the fuse diagram.)

i live in chi town. and its been coooooooold. the other day when i left work it was damn near -13*. my clutch and steering were both really rough. it was hard to push in the clutch and it was a chore to turn. felt like the power steering was out (its better now so im not too concerned) but ever since then, when i turn, my turn signals dont turn off. i have been messing with the fuses because a while back i messed up n took one of the fuses from the interior fuse box to put into my under the hood fuse box because i blew my head unit fuse.

idk if it could be a fuse problem or just a simple mechanical problem but i need to fix my turn signal thing cuz its really gettin on my nerves. haha.

thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

Well, every car has a limit switch in there, I am not really sure what to call it, but I know you have to turn the wheel so far over before it will deactivate the switch connection. I can't really explain wth the switch is, but if you don't make a hard enough turn sometimes it won't deactivate.

It could be that switch itself, which I assume is located just under the panel where your ignition and all that are, but on the left side. I have never really looked at one, I bet if you get in there and check it out it might be there.

Or, if you hear it clicking, like most of them do, when you turn the wheel after turning, and then re-center the wheel, it could just be a relay. I honestly haven't had a similar problem, but if i had to venture an educated guess, I would start with listening to the switch itself, if it sounds normal, check the relay under the hood or what not. If that doesn't fix it, I would end up posting here for some help, lol.

Hope that gets you headed in the right direction.

Oh and check your tranny fluid, and or power steering, make sure you have plenty. It may have just been ballz cold out and a little sluggish, but it never hurts to look.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

it doesnt click at all. thats why im so confused. it worked fine the other day. but just all of a sudden. it dont no more. so idk what to do.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 AM
HCF Member

I was reading earlier in my manual, that the fuse panel has a little black relay, top right(ish) when your looking at it, its the relay for the turn signals and etc.. Make sure thats clicking normaly when you turn one on/off. It should click on and off to flash the lights, hazards too I guess. If that thing's not clicking, you probably don't have any signal lights at all.

If thats not the case, then its got to be in the steering column there. You can probably order a new switch if need be from a dealer, but I would look around a little, maybe take the cover off and look at it. Could be just a little spring or something that fell out or gave out. I haven't ever looked in there, so I am not sure how it operates.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:40 AM
HCF Member

yea i was really hopin to not have to take that cover off the steering column. because from what ive seen by lookin at it. the steering wheel must come off to take that cover off.unless im just totally retarded and didnt see how it actually comes off. man. i need more time to do all this chit. haha. and i cannot wait till it gets warmer out. every trip into my garage is hell. haha. its sooo cold around here. i'll keep you posted stu when i figure out whats wrong wit it.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
HCF Member

i need the diagram , i dont know what fuse does what. If your wondering which fuse works when though, just use a multimeter on each indivudal slot, ground the negative ona steel screw under the dash and then put the positive into the holes the fuse goes into.

And dont mean to thread jack....but why is there a bunch of empty slots for fuses? Are those made specifically for wiring aftermarket electronics?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

I am not really sure. I assume thats the reason they put them there, seems like every car has one or two.

I don't think you have to take the entire steering wheel off to check that switch, but you might. I will try and have a peek at mine later if I get a chance, I have to move some stuff today so i might not get around to it.

I know its annoying, but as long as your legal, with signals, your ok with the law :-) Its like that trunk leak that I have, I can't fix it for anything, but I've got time.