Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

my first mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Default my first mod

i have a 07 civic im wanting to put two 10in w3's with a e1400D amp. within the next two weeks i will be getting a custom ported box for my trunk well what do you guys think???

Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Default RE: my first mod

sounds good man, keep up posted

Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM

yaI willI willpost pics when it starts coming together

Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

nice, as a matter of fact, im thinking of downgrading my 2 12's to 1 12", because i just dont need THAT much bass

Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

a... id say just use one 10 or 12 and get a higher model subwoofer

ive only had 1 12... and my next upgrade will be upgrading to a beter 12 that will take twice the power and upgrading the amp of course. and realy thump......

bass isnt in quantity anymore
well in some places it is....LOL
but takes awhole lot more room....

but anyways..... just be sure to bolt down the box to the car.... that way it wont roll around..... and if someone breaks into your car they cannt just lift it up and run off with it!

Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 AM

I was eyeing dual 12" but than after realising that Id need a MASIVE amp, not to mention a better alternater to keep the juice flowing to it, I decided that was a bit over kill. Im sticking to some medium range dual 10" I think.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 AM

u dont really need a better altinator.....just get a good capacitor

Old 03-08-2007, 04:36 AM

With the size of the kit I was looking at, I still dont think a 3 Farad cap was going to be enough. I was considering a dual battery system. But like I said, I earn like $20,000 p/a so I was aiming a bit to high above my budget.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

forget the cap, If your gonna waste 50-100 bucks on a cap, just buy a cap killer and forget all about it.

They have more power then100 1 farad caps, and last longer. Throw it in your trunk right beside the amp, end of problem :-)

LiNk

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bxseven1eight

u dont really need a better altinator.....just get a good capacitor

that just shows how little you know............

capacitors dont do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

here ill school ya alittle why caps dont help but hurt....

what powers the capacitor? the alternator.... and the alt powers the battery which powers everything else...
now if your system is pumpen hard its pullen power YES.... well if you put a capacitor next to the amplifier what does it do? its pullen power as well and then when the amp is pullen power it sucks the juice from the cap... OK GOOD THOUGHT... BUT since the cap does not create its own power after its drained and the amplifier is still craving more power THEN the capacitor is stealing power from the amplifier while it recharges.... so your realy making it harder on your amplifier!

go check out some TRUE COMPETITORS in SPL compotitions.... have you ever seen any of them use CAPS? the answer is simply HELL NO.... they use batteries! cause batteries hold ALOT MORE JUICE!!!!

and if they are in a class where you can run the motor then have high power alternators... as many as they can fab up brackets for!

ya think caps help... but they realy dont...... they just hide the symptoms alittle more.. cause the voltage instead of diping hard and comen back up... it dips down hard and stays down alittle longer... its like puting a bandaid ona cut wrist..... to some it looks like its helpen.... but any pro knows its not helpen it at all! and lets face it... 100bucks can be spent aWHOLE LOT BETER!!!!

hell spend another 100bucks or so and get a high power alternator and actualy FIX the problem!
cause your alternator is the heart of every car and power source! if the alternator stops working then your car just pulls juice from the battery till thiers no more left.... then it dies.......

not trying to scold ya or anything BUT........ i just dont like it when people spend 100bucks on a capacitor THINKING IT WILL SOLVE THIER PROBLEM and also thinking it will help everyone elses as well.....

but if your system needs power ya either need a larger battery or BEST solution is a higher power alternator!

spend about 200bucks and fix the problem not the symptoms...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00...spagenameZWD1V
tho if ya buy a highpower alt make sure it will fit your car....

Quick Reply: my first mod