Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Trends?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Default New Trends?

Now, I've been out of the car game mod for a while, mostly overseas. I use to have Almani Speakers and AMPs and JBL Subs...
What are some of the new trends for Audio System?
Post Feedbacks if you possesed some too. I know a lot of people out here want to know what combinations worked for you.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

An audiophile friend turned me onto Polk component systems, and I'm really happy with the one I have (would have to look up the model number). It has two 6.5" woofers, 3" tweeters, and comes with two crossovers. The price wasn't too bad, either, but the mids and highs in the system really come through nice and clean. I'm currently running them off the 40 watt pre-amp in the head unit, but I hear they only get better once you add a separate amp.

The rest of my system is older Alpine, but it still sounds amazing.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Hmmm. I have heard about Polk. Its been around for a while now though. And alpine is always good for the price no matter what, heh.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM

Memphis audio components are in the front of my car, junky pioneer rears for fill, MTX sub that has a hole in it, alpine 5 channel amp and a pioneer DD headunit. LOVE my system. Sub works great despite having an "issue" haha.

Alpine amp has been working great for over 5 years. My brother has a Kenwood amp (5 channel) and it has been in our cars for over 8 years! Still works perfectly! Sony is still just "meh" when it comes to speakers IMO.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

my sony head unit, amp and speakers have all gone bad (currently only have rear speakers because the sony amp lost 2 channels). I have rockford subs that i love (dual 12") being fed from a performance teknique 1000watt 2way amp. and 3way alpines in the rears which hold their own very well considering it is just them and the subs. that is just my 2 cents

Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM

I've been running Alpine Type R speakers all around with an Alpine head unit. The head unit is finally showing its age. Sometimes it doesn't want to give the CDs back. Also been running a Jensen amp for years, no problem. It powered 4 Crossfire 10's, but I pulled 2 of them because the boxes fell apart.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned

car audio really hasn't gone anywhere in the past couple years it seems people only buy whats for sale at best buy. the only good company to emerge is German Maestro they were the original makers of MB QUART before they were sold to maxxsonix but now there back.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 AM

For off-the-shelf stuff, you can't go wrong with Alpine. They can get a little pricey IMO, but they're built well and last forever. I'm running an ancient Pioneer HU, 6.5" Apine type R Components in the front, 6.5" type R Coaxials in the rear, Alpine 4 channel (75w RMS/channel) driving the mids and highs, Alpine 500w mono amp driving 2 Type R 10's under the rear seat in my pickup.

The wife's civic is the current project (after I do some minor repair projects to it first). Currently has a Pioneer HU w/ factory speakers all around. Planning on going all Polk on this one, just their entry level stuff, don't want to spend a ton of money on it. Planning on Polk components in the front, coax's in the rear (front & rear run off the head unit), and a small mono amp driving a 10" sub in a fiberglass box made to fit in the corner behind the right side tail light. I'll post pics whenever I get around to working on her system.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

I've always been a fan of alpine type r stuff. Good quality, bought all of mine used, no issues. I'm lucky. My Kenwood amp couldn't handle them.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

lol my point exactly alpine,polk,infiniti all best buy stuff if you did your research you would find there are way better quality sounding components in the same price range like Diamond Audio, DLS, Focal, CTD, Morel, the list goes on.