Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Trunk Setup With Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Default RE: New Trunk Setup With Pics

i hope u test fitted that in your trunk. u might have to cut the sides off so it fits in there

Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

mesure twice, cut once haha.....yeah it fits, i checked, but it doesnt go right to the sides, it was traced from the stock trunk floor. after that board, there will be the stock carpet. I wish i was able to completly fill the trunk with it, but as you said, it wouldn't have fit.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:20 AM
HCF Member

Dude that thing has got to weight a ton
That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it. Great job though. Make me one.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

PLexi glass is easy to cut, you just gotta know how to do it. It shouldnt be hard to find someone whos done it befreo to tell you.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Remmy

PLexi glass is easy to cut, you just gotta know how to do it. It shouldnt be hard to find someone whos done it befreo to tell you.
yeah i know plexi glass is easy to cut, i was talking about fiberglass, i never worked with it and would have liked to do fiberglass instead of this big beast hehe.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

as for weight....hehehehe.....i just scaled it....55 lbs, my sub is 21 lbs, and my amp must be like 5 lbs, cap 1-2 lbs, so aproximatly 80-85 lbs.....yeah thats pretty heavy.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

nice..looks great man, not to bad on the weight, paint will look good, mabey just go for a black to make it match with the trunk ,i dunno...im goingto post up pics soon of my fiberglassing trunk i just did, i just want to get it fabricd and installed first, got all the build up pics

Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

nice setup. my box weighs 58, subs 42, plus all the wiring, and the 2 amps and cap i have. then a little more weight for the speakers...type r's are nice and sound real well. you'll be happy...oh yea, a TON of dynamat!!

Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

nice..looks great man, not to bad on the weight, paint will look good, mabey just go for a black to make it match with the trunk ,i dunno...im goingto post up pics soon of my fiberglassing trunk i just did, i just want to get it fabricd and installed first, got all the build up pics
Thanks. Too late, I already started painting it white (the same as my car), will post pics when it's done. Kool, can't wait to see your fiberglass pics.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

nice setup. my box weighs 58, subs 42, plus all the wiring, and the 2 amps and cap i have. then a little more weight for the speakers...type r's are nice and sound real well. you'll be happy...oh yea, a TON of dynamat!!
yeah i already know how the type-r sounds, this is my same setup as last summer, just sold the box it came in to build this instead. Also, im getting a new HU, i sold my pioneer avh-p5700dvd, so now i'm either getting the pioneer avic-d2 or the new alpine iva-200. the pioneer avic-d2 has navigation but cannot play dvd's, but the alpine can play dvd's but need to pay more for navigation. not sure yet which one i'm getting, but looking more towards the alpine cause of the dvd playback.

Quick Reply: New Trunk Setup With Pics