Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Phasing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Phasing

I changed my speakers a few years back and i never knew about putting them in phase with each other and just learned about it a couple of weeks ago. i wanna put them in phase so the bass sounds good. Anyone know the best way to put the speakers in phase?

Old 06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Phasing

As far as I know, "in phase" means positive terminals hooked to positive and negative to negative. If your subs were out of phase you would know because it would sound like ***.

What sort of "phasing" were you referring to?

Old 06-07-2005, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

Phasing the speakers together. I think that we are talking together. Phasing is when all the speakers go "out" at the same time. I think my speakers are out of phase because the bass is not that strong. In my mom's car, the bass is so strong is shakes the mirrors and you can really feel it. She has a stock accord LX. I don't have subs, just 4 aftermarket speakers and an aftermarket deck.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:35 AM

Your speakers will be "in phase" as long as all of the speaker positives are connected to positive from the amp and all of the speaker negatives are connected to negative from the amp.

That'll put the BOOM in the speakers! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 06-08-2005, 10:20 AM

you can tell if they are out of phase by simply fading it to the front and then to one side. If you hear more bass they are out of phase. Then simply swap the connections (change the + to the - and vice versa) on ONE of the speakers only. Then fade to the back and repeat.

Even if all of your speakers + are hooked to the - on the amp they will still be in phase and sound fine.

BTW reds and blues are + in Hondas before 2001. Greys and browns are -.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

Thanks LEV. I really didnt feel like explaining that.

Btw, when is your .gif sig gonna show some hoo-hoos? It would be really nice
[sm=lol.gif]