Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sony Xplod

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sony Xplod

hey man, there excellent starter speakers, not even starters really, right now im hooked up to a sony gtx400 hu, sony xplod 5.25 front 3 ways, and sony xplod rear custom 6*9 4 ways.(i have a hatch, no rear speakers) All together the system sounds really nice and all my buddies agree. I would stay away fron sony amps and subs, but who knows. Anyways, those 6*9 really put out good bass, sounds great, its cheaper stuff, and the hu are very impressive for price, artificial dso, eq3, aux output, and preouts rca for amps! go for it, upgrade later if u want, and p.s

i recently blew out my 3a fuse, so i replaced it with 5a and hell, it will allow louder volume

Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jimijam

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

i don't know ifI would buy that boxed system, it's just the lowest grade components all wrapped up in one package.
i'll be sure to let the happy owners know this. by the way, what would you recommend for the$108 price tag that includes fronts, rears, and a h/u?
you didn't read my post (in bold)

Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

Okay thanks....also, is it common to leave the factory plastic panelling off on the front doors so that you are actually able to see the speakers?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

yeah, steer clear of the boxed setup, it's for someone with nothing whatsoever, pretty much factory replacements if you will. Go slightly higher in their line-up and be happy for years to come, vs. buying the boxed setup and maybe getting a couple of years and or some frustration at higher volumes. Ej's right.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Phalcon

Okay thanks....also, is it common to leave the factory plastic panelling off on the front doors so that you are actually able to see the speakers?
no, no. keep the factory speaker cover on, it doesn't distort the noise if that's what you're worried about, plus it protects the woofer from damage.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

no, no. keep the factory speaker cover on, it doesn't distort the noise if that's what you're worried about, plus it protects the woofer from damage.
I was just going to leave it off for the looks. I was hoping there was something I could use to get rid of theplastic ugly panelling then.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew

hey man, there excellent starter speakers, not even starters really, right now im hooked up to a sony gtx400 hu, sony xplod 5.25 front 3 ways, and sony xplod rear custom 6*9 4 ways.(i have a hatch, no rear speakers) All together the system sounds really nice and all my buddies agree. I would stay away fron sony amps and subs, but who knows. Anyways, those 6*9 really put out good bass, sounds great, its cheaper stuff, and the hu are very impressive for price, artificial dso, eq3, aux output, and preouts rca for amps! go for it, upgrade later if u want, and p.s

i recently blew out my 3a fuse, so i replaced it with 5a and hell, it will allow louder volume
lmao drew. didnt you just buy a 12" xplod?

but yes no sony amps! subs are just dandy tho.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

I was just going to leave it off for the looks. I was hoping there was something I could use to get rid of theplastic ugly panelling then.
just try to get over it, lol

Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 AM
HCF Member

sound is more important than looks isnt it? lol. your eyes should be on the road anyway. haha

Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: jimijam

i don't know ifI would buy that boxed system, it's just the lowest grade components all wrapped up in one package.
i'll be sure to let the happy owners know this. by the way, what would you recommend for the$108 price tag that includes fronts, rears, and a h/u?
you didn't read my post (in bold)
actually i did. i was politely saying "i don't care what you would buy".

Quick Reply: Sony Xplod