Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Want a new stereo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

I've always had Sony or Pioneer and I love them. Never had a problem with either.

If you are going to replace the stereo, I highly suggest replacing speakers AND wiring as well.

It's really easy, but you'd be surprised the difference that rewiring can make. That wiring is old and you're not getting the full output your baby deserves.

As for speakers, I have Infinity Reference with Tweeters up front, and getting Infinity Kappas for the back. Right now I am using my friends old head unity, but I'll get a new one eventually that is touch screen, and then I will rewire the whole system.

Just food for thought.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

if you want a good sounding cheap head unit sony is good but stay away from there subs and amps because they literally live up to there name and explode !!!!!

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-20-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lowlife9
if you want a good sounding cheap head unit sony is good but stay away from there subs and amps because they literally live up to there name and explode !!!!!
i have a sony 1000W amp and it works great

has anyone ever thought that the problems experienced with sony amps or subs might be due to the poor knowledge of the owner who may have mismatched their amp ratings and sub ratings and/or didn't install it correctly?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

i think the onley human error is actually buying a sony amp or sub in the first place. there a wallmart exclusive !!!!! garbage rite next to the jenson subs.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 PM

i think the onley human error is actually buying a sony amp or sub in the first place. there a wallmart exclusive !!!!! garbage rite next to the jenson subs.
jensen is definitely trash

I can't speak for the sony subs because I don't have them, I have MA Audio. But I've seen the Sonys at best buy on display and wasn't very impressed with them at all.

On the other hand, my sony amp works great. I really don't understand the root of the horrible quality you are referencing.

Please explain your personal dissatisfaction with Sony amps. No BS stories, just the unbiased truth.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Banned

i worked for toyota installing systems there poorly made with bad sound qaulity and not reliable ive replaced a million of those amps.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:42 PM

i worked for toyota installing systems there poorly made with bad sound qaulity and not reliable ive replaced a million of those amps.
mine is sturdy as a rock and my subs always sound clear and the only time my bass ever sounds like it has distortion is if i turn it up WAY too loud and even then it's not even the subs, it's actually the sound of my trunk lid flexing XD

maybe you were installing low level sony stuff... since you know, toyota likes to put ****ty stuff in their cars.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Banned

dam you'll defend that amp to the death alls im saying is ive seen those amps fry and theres a million other qaulity amps out there to buy

Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 AM

dam you'll defend that amp to the death alls im saying is ive seen those amps fry and theres a million other qaulity amps out there to buy
lol
The reason I defend it the way I do is because I think Sony takes a lot of BS in the car audio scene that they don't always deserve. I've never had a single problem with any Sony product ever in my entire life, and to me they're a very reliable brand and I like their car audio too.
Pretty much when I defend it like this i'm trying to drown out all the people who say "Sony sucks" when they don't really know anything and they're just going off what they've heard word-of-mouth.

Not to say that you don't know anything, since you've had your own experiences with them and you have already made up your mind for yourself. I respect that.

It's just all the punks on the internet who go around spewing off BS that bug me.

On another note, Pioneer is overrated... just thought i'd throw that out there. This is also probably also caused by people who go on the internet spewing off BS. lol

Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Banned

to be honest the last time sony car audio was good was when there tape decks were still around now they just make pretty shiny garbage and people buy it because they remember what sony use to be not what they are now....and there subs are just insulting alot of people dont know what there buying till its to late . i also uderstand about the hearsay but if you talk to professional installers and audio enthusiast they will tell you the same thing.

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-21-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Want a new stereo...