Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Want a new stereo...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 AM

Once again, i've never had a problem. I have a Sony headunit, amp, and speakers, which all work fine.
And no, they aren't "shiny garbage." The only thing shiny on my equipment is the screen on the headunit (duh) and face of the volume button, and the tiny metallic tweeter on the speakers.
Pretty minimal "bling factor". If you want shiny, go buy something crappy like Dual.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned

what other brands of amps and speakers have you owned to compair with????

Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM

pioneer speakers
boston acoustics speakers
pioneer headunit
profile amp (yes i know it sucks...)

I've never had any of the "nice brands" but i've listened to some of them at stores and wasn't convinced that they were that much better than what I already have.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Once again, i've never had a problem. I have a Sony headunit, amp, and speakers, which all work fine.
I will tell you that you are a very lucky person. Most people that I talk to that have owned sony (including myself) have had problems with their equipment at some point. My biggest problem with them is that they don't last as long as the alpine and pioneer radios.

I see sony products coming back all the time with problems. Radios, speakers, and amps. And I see people come in all the time with a one or two year old sony radio that has already gone out.

Everything may work well for you, but I see more problems with sony than any other brand

and on that note Pioneer is overrated except for their radios. their radios are good quality that will last a long time. everything else that they make not so much.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

Haha so pretty much its all in how much you want to spend. I have a pretty basic sony head unit, but it works great for me! Of course, alpine is pretty much the best, but again the most expensive. Gotta say i know nothing about the remote start though....

I haven't abused my head unit at all, and it's been through three cars with me still works perfect.....i bought an 85 Camry and that's what it had in it. I've had it for almost two years, and then however long the previous owner had it......It's all up to you!

it seems the only other thing all of us agree on is to stay away from DUAL, Pyramid, etc.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Superfly
it seems the only other thing all of us agree on is to stay away from DUAL, Pyramid, etc.
haha yea, i definitely agree with that

i do have pyramid tweeters though... not really by choice...
the idiot who owned my car before me cut holes for tweeters and removed them. He had a really odd size of tweeters, and Pyramid tweeters were the only ones i could find in at least that size.

then again, they still sound good. then again, they're also tweeters... kind of hard to make ****ty tweeters. lol

Old 02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned

well some people onley demand the best out off there system.you get what you pay for in the end.as for the money i dont make alot of it but i wouldn't be caught dead with anything sony in my car except for my ps3.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

i would say make sure it is either usb, or ipod if you have one. cd's are done. so the cd player is just for playing old cd's. i see alpine is making audio receivers now. which dont even have cd players.probably more to come.

as far as brands its the electronic wars. just personal opinion.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Banned

i dont think disc are done yet for one mp3 has less sound quality then a cd mp4 has cd quality but what about blurays highdeff sound quality im not sure if mp4 compares .