Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Weight Reduction/Gutting

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Default Weight Reduction/Gutting

Im planning to gut out the rear of my car.. assuming it is inspectable to not have rear seats in my hatch..and i am going to be removing all carpet etc,, minus panels and such.. since im still keeping my stereo.. but as far as stereo im am just going with a single kicker solo baric and my kicker 700.5 amp with a stiffining cap.. all will be mounted in a lightweight.. partial fiberglass raised floor in trunk.. but before i start doing this i want to coat the entire floor with a type of bedliner sound deadening spray.. this way it will all look clean and even after i gut it out... plus give me something to work ontop of while putting in the raised floor in hatch area.. any suggestions on what I am looking for? has anyone seen something like this.. assuming that normal sound filler spray is tacky so this would not be useful? or am i wrong and normal dyno spray will work for whole rear area?

Edited..
just found this.. anyone think this would work well? or has anyone used?
http://www.carstereopro.com/Merchant...t_Code=DY12025

Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Default RE: Weight Reduction/Gutting

well it seems you are not gutting your car for weight savings. but rhino liner and other roll on stuff would work but i would just leave it plain painted metal to match outside.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 AM

yeah dropping a decent amount of weight but dont wanna hear all the road noise plus want stereo to still sound ok after removing seats and carpeting.. figure even with some sound deadener spray should still be able to drop near 100 lbs total .. and gain only the weight of the amp/sub and framing so even with that added back in should still be dropping at least 50lbs..

Old 03-20-2006, 11:09 AM
mxs
HCF Member

moved to A/V section.

Check out this info on weight reduction: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_53543/tm.htm

Old 03-20-2006, 05:01 PM

yeah read W/R section on that stuff thats how i was guessing my total weight loss after stripping out rear.. but can only guess on weight of the box im building and spray for floor