The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

Inspired by steve

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot
Default Inspired by steve

i seen his gangster shootin out the window graphic and it inspired me to work on something large scale piece by piece. i know its no where near as good as his haha, just give opinions. good or bad, idc

again, the spilled drink was steves idea in his photo, i tryed to re-design it in a different theme. mine has much much less editing.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

I think its a great start, I wish steve would have posted the whole layout of the for the comp it was for and not just the car he did. Either way I voted him 1st. But back to yours.

The diamond plate I think looks pretty good, same with the polaroids. The biggest thing is the spilt soda, it should be a syrupy color. And then try warping the pictures a little at the edges of where the soda is spilled. Make it look very slightly magnified under the fluid. Then just a preference of mine to add to the realism, change the titles at the bottoms of the pictures to a hand written font. Make them look like sharpy or something.

Overall I like it, layouts like that are fun.

Oh and some of the shadows under the pics might be a little overdone...almost like the pics are floating instead of resting on the surface. Maybe thin it back a little overall and then more at the top of the diamond plate pattern to add to the depth.

Hope any of that makes sense, and that its helpful.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

it did, ill rework on it later on, thx for your opinions, most ppl would just say it sucks and leave the topic haha, thx for tellin me what to do to make it better

Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 PM
HCF Member

Glad you took it as trying to be helpful...didn't know what you would think of the post. And ya thats kinda why I stopped chopping/posted here back in the day...things were just going downhill. I enjoy sharing what I know with others to try and help them out. I'm glad to find people interested in photoshop hanging out here still.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

me and nike are the biggest photoshop ****** on here haha, and yeah, i appriciate you helping and giving your opinion instead of praising or bashing it..