The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

my chopped eg

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM
HCF Member

ye, i understand that, but that's what i'm worried about and why i made an account on this forum in the first place. i dont want to go over board, and i want opinions on what to do. i dont want a loud *** exhaust and all that **** but i want something that'll stand out. dont need cops harassing me, and i'm not worried about thieves, cuz i live in a small hick town where everyone is soft.
anyway, that's a real good explanation as to why people go for the stock and oem look instead of something that stands out. startin to change my mind about it but still lol.
also, you can't tell me that you didn't want your first car to be hot as hell at one point

Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i can understand you wanting a nice paint job because you can get it free but still, you were insisting on 2tone, i told you to do it the way you are, but your making thread after thread about it. and i know first hand what chb said is true

1. i havent even had my liscence 1 year and i got it for street racing, speeding like 5 times, and i just got a redlight ticket even tho it was yellow. the cops wil **** with you big time, expecially if they see you got a nice paintjob cause their thinking this kid got money, he can afford it, easy ticket

2. your loud exhaust wont get attention in the right ways. most people learned to block it out because the new trend is to put a fart can on your hand-me-down mini van that used to be your grandmahs. tuners get full exhaust systems, headers, high flow cat and full catback, not just a loud muffler (which is what i got)....

3. your car WILL attract theves, like chb said, no matter what you got, if they want it their getting it. all they have to do is lift it up in a u-haul, stip the **** out of it while they drive around town in a u-haul because the cops are looking for a honda civic, not a u-haul. then they take it to the boonies and throw whats left off a cliff. they have all your parts, your ride is gone and your wishing it wouldnt have gotten stolen. YES it sucks and YES it happens to cars that look stock but think about it.. 2 civics lined up, one has 20 stickers with performance parts on it and you get one BONE STOCK looking one... which one are you going to take? your going for the one with the nice paint job because hey, this kid got a 2 toned car and tinted windows, fart can, this isnt a granny's car like the other one, this is someone who puts money in this... so your cars gone in 20 seconds and you wont know untill you wake up in the morning..

it sucks but it happens everyday, im always hearing noises outside and looking and my cars stock outside except for the tint and fogs. the choice is yours, just keep it in one thread.

not to common colors but clean.. so you will still turn heads, everyone knows that isnt a stock civic color..

Old 11-25-2009, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

ye, that's true.. but honestly, no one around here has the ***** to steal a car, and I agree 100% with the muffler part, fart cans are just annoying. i guess if someone wants it enough, they'll drive up here to get it and then i'll kick myself in the *** over it, but eh, it'd have to be worth it. do ya really think 2tone is too much? i understand a bunch of stickers or some crazy f&f paint job is a lot but two tone? plus, i park the car in a locked garage every night, and it'd be only going to school. im sure someone would notice a uhaul truck in a small parking lot taking my car..

not trying to disagree or anything, just lettin ya know the situation, and ye i understand more than 1 thread is unnecessary, and i def understand where you were gettin at, this as my "reality check" lol

Old 11-25-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dontoh
im sure someone would notice a uhaul truck in a small parking lot taking my car..
I'd be careful with that thinking... just because people will notice doesn't mean they'll do anything to stop it. People love to stand and watch whatever is going on.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I'd be careful with that thinking... just because people will notice doesn't mean they'll do anything to stop it. People love to stand and watch whatever is going on.

I would crack my *** up watching my neighbors riced civic get towed off by thieves LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but Dontoh, I likes ya now <3 Your def better than supersize hypocrite ****

Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM
HCF Member

lol good, glad we can get along now <3 .. what do you think about the color inferno red pearl metallic? i found a quart of it the other day and it looks realllyyyy nice, maybe with gunmetal or something too. i also found some super sonic blue, but as much as i like the color blue, i can't see myself driving a blue car

Old 11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Two tone is just stupid looking in my opinion. Even when I was young and about to get my first civic painted I never wanted two tone. I wanted burnt orange really bad. And when you have a car that is a "head turner" what do you think the people looking at it are thinking? Man thats a sick $3000 car! No one is looking and thinking its sick unless their a ricer. Only time its ok to have a car like that is if the motor can actually back it up. There is a completely riced out Focus hatch near me, giant wing, like 8 color paint job, all kinds of stuff. But its also making like 460whp. Just slam it and get some low offset wheels if you want to stand out some. Low offsets are sick and give a car a unique look.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Your def better than supersize hypocrite ****
I RESENT THAT...

lmao

@dontoh i been wanting my hatch supersonic blue lmao

Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by plethoric33
Two tone is just stupid looking in my opinion. Even when I was young and about to get my first civic painted I never wanted two tone. I wanted burnt orange really bad. And when you have a car that is a "head turner" what do you think the people looking at it are thinking? Man thats a sick $3000 car! No one is looking and thinking its sick unless their a ricer. Only time its ok to have a car like that is if the motor can actually back it up. There is a completely riced out Focus hatch near me, giant wing, like 8 color paint job, all kinds of stuff. But its also making like 460whp. Just slam it and get some low offset wheels if you want to stand out some. Low offsets are sick and give a car a unique look.

guess that's true. i def agree

Old 11-26-2009, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

Even when I was young and about to get my first civic painted I never wanted two tone. I wanted burnt orange really bad.
Same exact thing over here, or a yellow car.