Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

cleaning gun metal rims?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member
Default cleaning gun metal rims?

ok well i was looking at things to clean rims with and i cant find nothing for just reguler rims, theres crome and meg shine, tuns of tire shine, but nothing for like gun metal rims..so i already have tire shine and im going to get some crome polish for my crome lip..but what about the rims? just some soap and water with the rest of my car?

Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: cleaning gun metal rims?

All I ever use is soap and water...of coarse I have the stock wheels and their a painted finish so it's pretty easy to keep clean....then again I wash the car like twice a week. [sm=shades.gif]

It all depends on your wheel type. If it's a textured finsh I may use a cleaner but all the stuff at my work is from "Car Brite"

Old 04-05-2006, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

Do you have a pic of your wheels...In your photo album it looks like you just have the wheel covers...?

Old 04-05-2006, 09:33 PM

I use a pressure washer at the coinop and the tire cleaner they have but I also use the black magic foam stuff. This summer Im going to try waxing my rims. I don't think it can hurt anything. I also use Black Magic tire wet. Damn that stuff makes the rubber look pimp anyways.

Jeff

Old 04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

what about the rims? just some soap and water with the rest of my car?
Dude, they're just painted and clearcoated. You might have to try harder to get the brake dust off, but you souldn't need anything fancy. [8D]

Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 PM
HCF Member

just buy wheel cleaner........I wax my rims......no harm........I am going to Royal Blue them soon.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

Do you have a pic of your wheels...In your photo album it looks like you just have the wheel covers...?
yes i just got them like 2 weeks ago..i posted about them already with pics, more pic with them on my car will be soon

..thanks guys, so there is a cleaner i can get then..i havent been able to find anything so ill jsut keep on looking..ill check out that royal blue

[IMG]local://upfiles/2140/8423DD1D3A154E5CB20D137A22735F73.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

what about the rims? just some soap and water with the rest of my car?
Dude, they're just painted and clearcoated. [8D]
hummm..i was just thinking about this comment after i did my last post, i hope you dont think i think that there actaully gun metal, i no its just a finish..im not that much of a noob

Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

Those look simple to clean! why spend money on additional cleaner when you can just hit them with a wash mit after you've washed the car using the same soap and water. The only time I'd use a cleaner is if heavy break dust buils up....which I'd never let happen anyway [8D]

Old 04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

You may want to check if the lip is just polished or if they put a clear coat over it....If it has clear coat I don't think I would use an aluminum polish on it...The Royal Blue should be fine though.

Quick Reply: cleaning gun metal rims?