Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Crap...Nicks on Windshield I think

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Crap...Nicks on Windshield I think

Dang it. I think I may of gotten some nicks on my windshield, possibly from rocks hitting it on the freeway. Like when I was driving to work the other day I was behind a big truck for a moment and I could hear that Tic! Tic! Tic! Of little rocks or something hitting the windshield.

I have little marks on the window in to places that wont come off when I clean either side, so it makes me think they are rock nicks. Is there any product out there to help with this? They seem light, thankfully\, but one does appear right in my vision from inside. They are about the size of a large peice of sand, but still annoying.

And I don't even have my plates yet. First ever new car. *Sigh*

Old 08-09-2007, 05:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Crap...Nicks on Windshield I think

All insurance companies in all states will repair a repairable windshield(crack or nick smaller than a dollar bill) totally free. Just call your insurance company and they will come to your house and fix it. Most of the time it will not be noticable anymore.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

Oh really? I did not know that. It would of never even occured to me, since they are more like the size of a large pebble of sand. I'll look into it.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

you can have about 30 small repairs a year and your insurance wont budge, haha. When you start replacing whole windshields left and right then it might start to creep up on you. My best advice... have it professionally fixed. Dont do it yourself, especially on a brand new car... Especially when its free, haha. In some cases with temperature changes and bumpy driving it could grow into a crack and start to spider out. Fix it as soon as you can.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

Even if they wont fix it, a chip repair is less than 20 bucks

Old 08-12-2007, 01:16 PM

just be happy it was the windshield that got the chips and the the hood. lol

Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

man i need to talk to my insurance company... ive got this little chip in my windshield and i went to the autoglass place and they ysaid 65bucks to fix it.... WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IT!!!!!!
and i said F that and left them!!!!!!

mines about the size alittle smaller than BB....
its not realy in my way so it doesnt bother me MUCH... but when i clean my car it sticks out to me everytime

Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

Hey guys,

So the mobile glass repiar from my insurance came out today. He was not able to do anything about the little nicks in the glass. Said they are too small and if he did any work, it would be WORSE than what I am trying to get rid of.

I was just wondering if there are any products out there where I could simply "Buff" them out. I mean they are so superficial, it'a almost like I could take my fingernail and scratch them off.

This stinks. I don't even have my plates yet but I got these right in my field of vision. Looks like 2 little specks of sand!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

sorry to hear... just got a nice crack in my wifes SUV the other day too.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: polo708

All insurance companies in all states will repair a repairable windshield(crack or nick smaller than a dollar bill) totally free. Just call your insurance company and they will come to your house and fix it. Most of the time it will not be noticable anymore.
Mercury won't. They don't offer glass coverage... I guess that's why they're half the price of anything else.[&:]