Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Forty's worst nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Forty's worst nightmare.

Yeah, that stuff sure does work. My dad and I looked at their website after seeing this post, and we bought two bottles. I tried some on my civic, and man, it shines it up. It looks great, \but a few days after I put it on, it rained, which made me very angry, but when I got out of school, I found there were no waterspots whatsoever, so it has to make water bead very well. I'm glad I bought it, and will continue to buy more in the future.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
HCF Member

i can see this turning into a opinonated showdown between zaino and royal blue....who will be the winner??.... DON DON DON!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n8te81

hey whats the best stuff to use to get swirl marks out of black paint cause i have alot????
Swirls can be caused by abrasive polishes but are mostly caused by choice of towel and method of washing/drying. If you want to rid yourself of swirls invest in good microfiber towels and do not press hard with any towel for that matter. Wal mart makes ok microfibers but Pak shak makes excellent ones as well as Waffle weave drying towels. There are lots of good towel makers, just takes some reading to figure who you want to choose.

A lot of manufacturers make good swirl removal products. I use Meguiars DACP and 3M Perfect it II. You can use use these by hand or machine. Swirls are light scratches, so to remove swirls you must take take the surrounding surface of paint down to the level of the swirl/scratch. Zaino and other waxes will not accomplish this, they simply hide swirls. For removal, you must use an abrasive polish. If they are very light I wouldn't worry about it, because it is a never ending battle, especially on black. You will eventually produce some light swirling sooner or later. For more info on swirl removal check this link...Swirl Removal