ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

CRX Head/Dizzy Swap Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
+1

Not recommended though. You won't have the VTEC fuel and timing maps and it won't give you as much power.
I only recommend doing that if there is no way in hell you can get the P28 and the other stuff you need. But then again, if you're not going to do it right, you shouldn't have even done it at all.
^+1 haha, now I'll quote you! Anywho, yes, if you can wire it correctly, I highly suggest gettting the P28, Z6 dizzy, and ODBI fuel injectors going. But if you can't go limpy and go stock dizzy and ECU.

Good luck!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:40 PM
HCF Member
Talking Thanks Gents...

Alright, it is finally starting to warm up, here in good ol' Green Bay WI, and I think I'll spend the weekend messing around with the car. Hopefully all goes well, and it will at least still run after the weekend... I have a P28 from the same car as the other z6 parts, an OBD-0 to OBD-1 jumper harness thingggy, and the stock a6 dizzy. I'm going to tinker until i get a set up that works. I know to put in the P28 I will need to use a different O2 sensor, and I do believe I still have that. And any other ECU swap stuff I should be able to find in other forums... Now that it's finally getting warm and dry, and I feel safe driving the Audi, I'll finally be able to fix the REX... frickin perfect... Thank you to all of you gentlemen though, great input, and I do believe it will work!!!!