ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

fuel light

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member
Default fuel light

i got a 98 civic dx and i never seen my low fuel light come on could this b a fuse or did the bulb burn out where in the car could i look for the problem? thanks

Old 01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: fuel light

I have a 93 DX and I dont have a fuel light.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
HCF Member

you cant remove your insterment cluster, find the wire coming from the fuel light, turn on your car (make sure you have low fuel) and use a wire tester to see if its geting juice...if not, then i dont know where to look, because i think most of the lights are all on one fuse (cluster lights that is) so all of them shouldnt work if thats the problem. also, i think thats a good thing that you havent seen that light. if it is getting juice then check the bulb, you should be able to find a replace ment at radio shack (you will need to be kinda crative, find one close b/c you arnt going to have a modle numeber or anything.) or get robbed by the honda dealership, because they most likley wont sell you one bulb, just the whole thing. and its going to be expensive from them anyway.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: that_guy5

i got a 98 civic dx and i never seen my low fuel light come on could this b a fuse or did the bulb burn out where in the car could i look for the problem? thanks

i'll ditto this statement...

i'm under the impression that either the 11.9gallons the manual says is the tank capacity is incorrect, or a general fault in the sensor in these models is the culprit

i know for a fact I've put 11.7 gallons of gas in my car without the low fuel light coming on... so it either comes on when the tank is bone dry or out of gas, or it doesn't work at all, i've double checked all of my fuses, reset my ecu several times, and checked the voltage to the light, but i've yet to figure out why the sob doesn't turn on, my last thought is to replace the sensor in the tank, but i'll be damned if i've ever found one

edit: wow... 400th post

Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

ive got a 97 lx mine works fine it comes on and i put about 9-10 gals when its on

Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

Here's an idea, do'nt judge how much fuel you have by the light comming, or hoping the light comes on., when it says low on the gauge it is time for a gas stop

Old 01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

thats a great idea fiirkanhow did u come up with that lol
if i tried that in my 89 hatch it would not work though it stays on above full all the time

Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: civicblend97

ive got a 97 lx mine works fine it comes on and i put about 9-10 gals when its on
About where is your fuel needle when the light comes on? I'm kind of wondering if mine works on my 97 civic EX coupe and right now, the needle is almost touching the red line andthe light hasn't come on.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 PM

My 97 EX recently went below the red line a little and I filled it with 10.7 gal. and never saw a gas light

Old 04-19-2010, 04:54 PM

i have a 2004 civic ex and i started having a problem with my fuel gauge.It started giving me the wrong readings and i would fill my car up and the guage would only go to about half way and it change its fuel levels when i drive.As of the last 3 months it has been stuck on E with the light on and has not moved.Any ideas? would i need a new sending unit or could it be something else? is this something i can do myself? HELPPPP!!!!!!

Quick Reply: fuel light