ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Tuning

I'm bringing my car to get tuned as soon as I have some money
I was reccomended this shop with a mustang dyno but I recently also found another hsop that specializes in import tuning
It has a chipped ECU and is turbocharged. Will I need to tell them that it is chipped with uberdata?
I'm not really sure what that even means, I bought the car with the chipped ECU. Think they will tune it for me?

Old 05-31-2007, 03:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Tuning

Why would you buy something you know absolutely nothing about?

You'll have to see if either shop tunes with Uberdata, if not, you need get whatever management they use. Also, you should probably konw the specs on all the turbo parts, what aftermarket internals are there (if anything) etc etc etc, or else they won't be able to give you an accurate tune anyway.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:21 AM
HCF Member

Well I have a list of everything done. How is uberdata pronounced? Just like ooh-bur-data?
And I kind of know what it is, how it gets hooked up to a laptop. Why would I need to know more about the ECU?
It isa P06 chipped for uberdata. Is a P08 better?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Read this article first: http://www.phearable.net/tech/efibeginnerguide.html

"chipped for uberdata" really just means it's socketed, with an Uberdata chip.
your tuner will probably throw that chip away and write a new one, using Uberdata, or Crome, or eCtune (if you want to get fancy [8D]). If you wanted to use Neptune or Hondata you would need additional hardware.

it's good that you have a list of everything that's done to the car. your tuner will definitely need to know that.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

That link kicked *** thanks so much so informative. My engine is a JDM D15B Vtec. My ECU is a chipped P06. I thought P06 werenon vtec chips? Should I get a chipped P08, the guy who sold me my car has one. I'm going to call the place today and ask them if they will be able to tune that ECU, I would need the low cam and high cam done. I'm wondering how long of a job it will be, i'm guessing 2-3 hours?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
mxs
HCF Member

that time is about right.

you can have non-vtec ecus converted to vtec ecus, maybe that was done to yours...

Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Most P06 ECUs that are chipped are converted to VTEC. Most tuners will probably use Crome now, as Uberdata is no longer updated.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

Think they would tune my boost controller for me? I cant seem to figure it out.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

You don't tune a boost controller. What kind do you have a electronic or manual? It sounds like you don't know much about turbo systems or the parts included in your set-up. If i were you i would leave the boost controller alone b/c you might accidentally turn your boost way up and smoke your motor. Just let the tuner adjust it.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

What do you mean you dont tune a boost controller. It's an electronic boost controller of course you adjust it...

Quick Reply: Tuning