ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

Still haven't bought a multimeter, been kinda broke lately since i ordered my clutch. I'll update when i work on it again.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

I now also have the Code 6 Coolant Temperature code on. I believe this is the sensor you were telling me about below the distributer. Could this cause idle problems? Could it possibly trigger the IACV code? I'll try replacing it, still dont have the proper tools to check the IACV. How much labour do you think it would take for a mechanic to fix the code 14 (knowing that its probably not the IACV itself as I've tested 3 different ones)?

Last edited by bcrichguitars; 04-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

If I were you I would get the multimeter, they are not expensive you can get a digital one at sears (craftsman) for under 20 bucks and it will save you tons of time and trouble, also keep you from throwing more engine codes by messing with the sensors... Trust Me... If you need help reading it I dont mind... its not as hard as it looks but do yourself a favor and get a multimeter

Last edited by chasemclemore; 05-07-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

Hey thanks for your help I bought a multimeter yesterday because my car wouldnt start and I needed to check the ignition switch. Anyways, the idle problem still persists sometimes and I haven't checked the IACV with the multimeter yet but I will get to it later today. I noticed when the idle goes up and down so does the amount of vacuum on my boost gauge. When the idle goes up the vacuum goes up to about 20Hg, when the idle goes down the vacuum goes up to around 16Hg. Does this mean I have a vacuum leak somewhere?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

I think the car has a problem with the stop sign.
Just run it over and that should solve the problem.

...I'm sorry for being a jack donkey.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
HCF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by islandtuner
I think the car has a problem with the stop sign.
Just run it over and that should solve the problem.

...I'm sorry for being a jack donkey.
^haha lmao!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

Just changed the coolant temp sensor with a new one, made no difference to idle. How would I measure the voltage between the IACV wire and the body ground? Do I put one probe on the terminal on the connector and ground the other probe on metal?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars
Just changed the coolant temp sensor with a new one, made no difference to idle. How would I measure the voltage between the IACV wire and the body ground? Do I put one probe on the terminal on the connector and ground the other probe on metal?
hmmm... not sure on this but you should be able to put your negative probe (black) on any chasis ground and your + probe (red) to the designated wire on harness.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If you uncouple the IACV connector while the warm engine is idling, does the idle speed decrease?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
If you uncouple the IACV connector while the warm engine is idling, does the idle speed decrease?
Yes..

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem