ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
Unless it's time to replace the coolant anyway, just perform the bleeding procedure in the diagram. I almost forgot to mention an important step. The heater lever/dial must be turned to full heat during the bleeding procedure so that no air remains trapped in the heater core.
So you can actually bleed the coolant system without draining the old coolant?

I talked to him when I got the car back, I have to go back for tuning in boost soon so I'd like to try and fix it before then or I will bring itup to him.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars
Bleeding does not require draining the coolant.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars

I talked to him when I got the car back, I have to go back for tuning in boost soon so I'd like to try and fix it before then or I will bring itup to him.
So does he just have you setup on a basemap for the time being? That could be the cause right there, weak basemap (which happens to the best of them, with all the diffferent setup combinations available).

I would go over everything Mr. RonJ has mentioned thus far. Get everything in tip top shape, and then bring it into the tuner. Less headaches for both of you if you and the car are fully prepared upon arrival for a tuning session.

Best of luck, post results

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

It's not just a basemap though he had it on the dyno. There was a crazy snow storm today so I wasn't able to try anything yet.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

who is tuning it?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

DynoMotive, I'm in Calgary, Alberta
This is the most reccomended/one of the only tuners who will work with crome or uberdata.
It has been way to cold to work on my car yet to try and find the problem. On a local forum I was also told:

"Quite possibly the issue you are having with stalling is related to IAT (intake air temp) fuel compensation, IAT Ignition correction, ECT fuel compensation, or all of the above. They are under the advanced tables of crome."

If everything else I try doesn't work I'm going to ask my tuner if he could try making some adjustment to the above of whatever needs to be fixed.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

My tuner told me that when he was tuning it he had no luck getting the computer to control the actual idle speed. He also said no matter what he set the idle to in any of the tables, the idle speed never physically responded.
I asked if he though it was a tuning issue or mechanical issue he said it could be either but he also said.
"Could be a tune issue when cold.... but this is usually a simple percentage change old injector/new injector since IAT compensation is a simple linear function for air density. If it is "out" it should be close enough to run."
I explained to him the issue with the stalling and he thinks it is my idle motor and said he thinks I should try a new solenoid and also check the fast idle valve.
I'm confused to what solenoid he is talking about. Does anyone know what this solenoid is? I'm just waiting for him to email me but it usually takes awhile and I though this might be quicker

Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I think your tuner is referring to the IACV.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

It could just be your cam.
I have a problem with my Black car doing the same thing, but it hasn't been tuned, so I'm still on stock maps.
It's been getting better and not doing it.

Don't they solder around stuff in the ecu so the computer can't tune for it's self, so it can think off the chip?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by magic_mohawk
It could just be your cam.
I have a problem with my Black car doing the same thing, but it hasn't been tuned, so I'm still on stock maps.
It's been getting better and not doing it.

Don't they solder around stuff in the ecu so the computer can't tune for it's self, so it can think off the chip?
The car is tuned and the cam can couse a lobey idle but it shouldn't cause stalling.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem