ED-EF Swaps 1991 and older Civics, CRXs

engine swap

Old 12-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Default engine swap

What's up I got an 91 honda civic dx hatch as a gift and I want to put in a modified 93 honda civic ex engine and transmission inside. Has anyone done before and if so could you give me list of what need to make the swap. I am pretty sure it will fit.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Default RE: engine swap

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

A B16A1 or a B18C5 would also fit in there, in case you haven't made up your mind yet.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

try putting this in the engine part of the forum, some of the engine wizerds dont come to the new member section

Old 12-22-2005, 04:24 PM

i have, the trans won't work. it is a hydraulic clutch, a 91 is cable.

the engine will fit without a mount kit. you need to change the driver side mount (bolted to the head) on the new motor with the old one from the d15, some triming of the timing belt cover will be nessesary.

the trans in you 91 will bolt up to the new engine, just use the smae flywheel from the 91 and a new clutch for a 91.

the wiring is somewhat difficult, but easy if you read up. you need to convert to mpfi from dpfi, you can get 4 injectors from a 88-91 obd 0 mpfi car, a resistor box, ecu plugs(for pins), and a si computer that is obd0.
for vtec, you will need a ground from the solenoid to chassis, than an rpm activated switch or rig it up from a shift light or msd ignition box. it is a good clean way to wire it by repinning the ecu but more time consuming.

i bought a boomslang fabrication obd0 dpfi to obd 1 mpfi conversion wiring harness. it is basically you plug in you stock obd 0 plugs into its obd 0 plugs and it runs the proper wires to obd 1 plugs, where you will plug in you p28 ecu(92-95ex si sohc vtec ecu). the harness comes with a subharness that has all of the extra wires you need to add so you run them throught the firewall and connect them to where they go.

i prefer the simplicity of the conversion harness but it is up to you.

you will also need a 91 civic si throttle cable because the old one is too long, and you need to swap the water necks on the heads that go to the radiator.

www.boomslang.us

send me a pm if you need more help or call boomslang they helped me out alot