ED-EF Swaps 1991 and older Civics, CRXs

fun 4 door

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Default fun 4 door

need more info about the 91 civic sedan, wanting to know specs motor wise and capabilities, theres already too many hb out there and with kids i think this would be fun... i do want to go turbo, been dreaming about it for a long time, even with my first civic... but i sold it and went mini truckin... it didnt sink in me, i love hondas...its realy a givin...so i bought a 91 civic 4 door and selling my s-10... so basically i want to nkow more about this sedan before i start hackin away... it is 5 speed and in immaculate shape with only 75k miles... any help will be appreciated...thanks...

Old 11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: fun 4 door

There are tons of different threads on this subject, If u want to know ur HP then go look at ur engine there should be a code imprinted on the block. then check the engine code sticky in the engine & Internal Section.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:28 PM

thanks, but would boosting it make any sense or will i just blow it up..there are probably threads as you said but i just need more specific apps for what i want to get at...i would like to get to the point of having a reliable boosted everyday driven, mustang kickin, 4 door civic, by the way, make it look cool too...

Old 11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

depending on ur block...u could do a mini me head swap. that would give u some extra power, u wanna boost it? I thought u had kids? If u have kids and ur racing around, that's jus dumb.

but the normal I/H/E would give alittle more, not just power, also gas mileage...

Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 PM

it may seem that way but its not like their in the car the whole time i drive it... and besides, they love the idea,my 2 year old just loves cars...his first word was car...plus my wife wont let me have 2 cars, did it for about 2 years and just wasted money on reg.,insurance and time... so i sold my car thinking i could just keep my mini truck, but here comes winter,i rather sell my truck than drive it in the snow and wreck... insurance wont take up the mods on the truck if it did happen so i rather give it up...my main gole with hte car is drop in a boosted b-motor to at least make my nieghbor shut up, one guy has a camaro and the other a mutang, not to mention the vett the guy behind me has... the thought of having an old 4 door civic leaving or at least keeping up with them says alot...i also have a 99 crv, thats my fam car realy, i drive the civic for work mostly...

Old 11-19-2006, 06:07 PM

how much hp would it take to achieve leaving a mustang and what would be the most cost effective in turbo mod?

Old 11-19-2006, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: turbotron

how much hp would it take to achieve leaving a mustang and what would be the most cost effective in turbo mod?
It wouldn't take much to smoke-The Most Likely- V6 Mustang your neighbor has. Any of the DOHC V-Tec motors with Short Ram intake could smoke one. Possibly a ZC motor with minor bolt ons could take a Mustang.

You've gotta remember that the Mustang is a very heavy car. And that it's got torque, not power. Besides that.. A Mustang is a low goal to shoot for. Shoot for that guy with the Corvette. that'll be much more impressive.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 PM

i dont know about the vett, thats a big jump for a 4 door civic...but your right about the stang, it is a gt though... but for right now i kinda wonder what i can do about the motor i got in it at the moment... then maybe next year i would have a boosted b to drop in... ls/v-tech or b16a ? does it matter?

Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: turbotron

i dont know about the vett, thats a big jump for a 4 door civic...but your right about the stang, it is a gt though... but for right now i kinda wonder what i can do about the motor i got in it at the moment... then maybe next year i would have a boosted b to drop in... ls/v-tech or b16a ? does it matter?
The Vette really isn't THAT far out of reach. Take your math skills and do the power to weight ratio. you'll be very surprised at your findings. The H22 swap i'm planning will crush Vette's like whoa. But that's a 205 horse motor going into a CRX, then getting Mad Boost. The GT is just another way of saying, "Yeah, it's heavier.. but it's got a nicer tag and interior than the base model. Yeah, it's got a V8.. But it only puts out 210 horse."

For Now.. I would keep it the way it is until you got a chance go big. Don't half as$ any of this little project you got. Make it safe for your kids, and just drive it till you're ready to move forward with it. That's always the best way to go.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

Can u go outside and look at ur engine code? that would help a little...There are about 3-4 people on this forum wit turbo'd D series engines
Not knowing what u have in ur car, I would say the cheapest way for u to accomplish ur goal, Do a mini me build and boost it

Quick Reply: fun 4 door