ED-EF Swaps 1991 and older Civics, CRXs

fun 4 door

Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Default RE: fun 4 door

the car at the moment is at my friends place, he's the guy i bought it from, but he was going to put a new batt in it so i let him borrow for a couple days, so im not sure what it has at the moment... its a dx 5speed, i think its a d15b.. i'll find out later... i do suscribe HT mags, i read about the mini me swaps, but that would rise my compression and i dont think thats compatible with boost, i may be wrong but i think what iplaydrums may be rigt, keep what i got and enhance breathing with a couple bolt ons, then save up the bucks then go big all at once... i had a 99 civic ex, it had the y8,but i didn't think it was fast enough, i dont think a turbo would make a big impact on it either, not to dis the d faithfull, having the s10 with the votec v6 with a couple bolt ons made my civic feel slow... but my truck is a gas gulger and no back seats, i filled it up with subs.. thanks all for d advise... i still might think about the mini me swap...or at least a head swap...

Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

^ if it's a D15B then it is already swapped...

Old 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM

If I were you I would buy a zc you can get one for about 400 bucks and will have 130 horse now your little d15b only has about 90 horse you will have a lot more money tied up in boosting it and will probably blow it up. the bottom end of these motors aren't very tough and you only have daul point injection which would also be a limiting factor in installing a turbo. That would be my advice for what it's worth

Old 11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

^ u should really look around before u post...A D15B is JDM and it is 130HP Vtec, and I think there are about 3 of them that are boosted on this forum.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM

Pull the b20 out of your CRV and build that thing.

/entirely kidding.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM

b20 from my crv sounds good, but i would probably end up devorced if i did that, she loves it... im not entirely sure about the jdm d15b... i will find out later... do you guys know if the headlights on a 91 hb fit on my 4dr? i cant seem to find a pair of angel eye type,and is there a 1 piece style like for integras out there? was checking ebay, cant find none...thanks for the help...

Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 PM

If i'm not mistaken, all EF parts are interchangable. Angel eye style would be a projecter with a led around it. They are very expensive. I think there is a guy here that sells them. Look around.. you'll find them.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 PM

if its a completely stock dx then it is a d15b2 will 92hp and dpfi. the first and foremost mod you should and need to make it convert it to multi point fuel injection, that is give you a lot better throtte response and more power to boot, and using the pm6 ecu from a 89-91 si d16a6 you are able to run that ecu with you car stock, then chip that and tune it for a turbo setup if you want to go a turbo d route.

i would get a d16a6 - very cheap and non-vtec d series, build the bottom end with forged rods and pistons, and get the head freshen up with a good cleaning and valve job and have all seals replaced. then turbo that, you could make an easy 250hp at the wheels with a setup like that and even more with a really good dyno tune. also you could get a good cam and make even more power.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:32 AM
HCF Member

If i'm not mistaken, all EF parts are interchangable. Angel eye style would be a projecter with a led around it. They are very expensive. I think there is a guy here that sells them. Look around.. you'll find them.
^ I would check that out first, I bought some clear corners and when they came in they didn't fit because it was for a 4dr...just some advice

Old 11-20-2006, 02:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SoCaL.rider

^ u should really look around before u post...A D15B is JDM and it is 130HP Vtec, and I think there are about 3 of them that are boosted on this forum.
tsk tsk..........the d15b can also be found in the non vtec carbed version

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fun 4 door