EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

Trying to build a "VX", is there any base-EG that would make the conversion easier?

Old 11-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Default Trying to build a "VX", is there any base-EG that would make the conversion easier?

Im looking at EG's to swap a motor from a vx into(1.5 vtec-e) and really turn it into a MPG machine haha. Is there any year or model in particular(other than an si) of EGs that would make the swap that much easier? I seem to recall something about certain EGs from canada came prewired for a vtec even in a CX or something along those lines. Anywhere I can look for more info on a non-vtec to vtec swap? Im eyeing the cx's because they already use the same transmission as the vx so thats half the battle.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Nick

Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Trying to build a "VX", is there any base-EG that would make the conversion easier?

as far as mileage goes, the si is the heaviest body which will drag your fuel economy down a bit

i'm in the same boat and so i'll tell you all that i've gathered so far

the vx/cx have the same transmission which has a 5th gear which cruises at a lower rpm on the highway. so if you get a dx or si, then you won't get as good highway mileage if you just swap in the engine since you'll be cruising higher.

Also, go with the VX ECU which is geared towards fuel economy
the vx rims are also some of the lightest out there

so those are the main three things you have to think about when trying to do that swap
you're going to need the transmission, the engine, and the ECU mainly. Wheels are to the side

when you think about it, it's really worth it to just go for the vx right away, and then only worry about doing the engine if it has lots of miles and replace stuff as it comes up

if you go to car-parts.com you can search all the used parts junkyards by you, which i think can be a hell of a lot easier than ebay sometimes

hope it helped