EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

98 ex b18b swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM

You should have one already wired in the car, right? Just use that one. No wiring changes needed.

Not sure about the torque mounts. I would assume that the brackets will not be the same between D/B series, but the mount themselves should be. If the D series brackets cannot be swapped over, just source a set of B series brackets and you should be good.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

just an update....went to honda today and ordered the rear t bracket and drivers side post mount...150$ later -__-

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

still need axles and hoses...just the small stuff i guess

Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM

Small things add up!

Ordering new stuff from Honda is baller status. If you make a WTB thread on a larger Honda forum (hondamarketplace.com), maybe someone will be able to hook you up with used parts for cheap. I see T brackets go for $50 or less. Or check eBay!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

yea i know...but i figured id just buy new...cuz who knows what im gettin on ebay searching for deals....ive heard some people getting screwed..axles and hoses ill get at a parts store...other that that im pretty sure im all set for parts. once the snow clears a little more im gonna start pulling my single cam out...i think i might turn this into a my biuld thread..pictures and other stuff will come

Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 AM
HCF Member

i got the option to pick up an LS radiator and hoses...worth it? it looks like its twice the size of my civic one..ive already removed my ac so theres plenty of room

Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

just came to my first hurdle....what i thought was an obd2 p75 is actuallly an obd1 p75...do i just suck it up and convert to obd1 at this point...jumper harness is probably gonna be cheaper than a new ecu..what will this change during the swap and wiring?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by mightymagurg
i got the option to pick up an LS radiator and hoses...worth it? it looks like its twice the size of my civic one..ive already removed my ac so theres plenty of room
For a stock rad? I doubt it is worth it. The Civic half rad can handle a lot, plus the motors we have dont create much heat. lastly, a full sized integra rad will not be a drop in replacement.

Originally Posted by mightymagurg
just came to my first hurdle....what i thought was an obd2 p75 is actuallly an obd1 p75...do i just suck it up and convert to obd1 at this point...jumper harness is probably gonna be cheaper than a new ecu..what will this change during the swap and wiring?
Converting to OBD1 is easily done through a conversion harness. If you have an OBD2 car, and your area does emissions testing, you will fail due to the conversion most likely. up to you on how you want to work it.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
For a stock rad? I doubt it is worth it. The Civic half rad can handle a lot, plus the motors we have dont create much heat. lastly, a full sized integra rad will not be a drop in replacement.

Converting to OBD1 is easily done through a conversion harness. If you have an OBD2 car, and your area does emissions testing, you will fail due to the conversion most likely. up to you on how you want to work it.
about the radiator...ok thats fine i never ended up getting it from the kid anyway so no worries.

as for the jumper harness and obd1 conversion...1. obd1 b series didnt have a crank sensor right? 2.Is there anything else i dont have to worry about like the IACV conversion or knock sensor?
i know i keep asking alot of questions but i have alot of time to talk because of the snow lol i havent even been able to get started pulling out the single cam yet

Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 AM
HCF Member

as for failing emissions testing...they only check for codes they dont test exhaust gases at the place i go to. so im not worried about that..im sure some poor inspection tech could use an extra 30-40 bucks for groceries one week

Quick Reply: 98 ex b18b swap