EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

H22 handling question.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Default H22 handling question.......

I just bought a 2000 ex coupe and I had a few questions reagarding swaps..............
I've been doing searches on this site and reading alot of old threads and stuff before i posted this one cuz i know it's irrevelant to ask questions that have already been answered before for someone else..
My first questions is...
For the H22 motor swap to an EK2, how well (or not so well) does the engine actually fit inside the engine bay.....and wat are somecommon and neccesary modification that have to be done to the engine bay or firewall, etc.. for the motor to fit into it....I"ve looked for answersto this question but I've only found information on Hatch swaps...
Second,has anyone here ever drivin an h22 6th gen. If so how does it handle. Does it handle okay in corners? How does it feel?? I heard the H22 is heavy but how heavy can it be??
I don't expect the handling to be spectacular of course, but not so bad that it suks. You see, i live in northeast houston texas, and there are literally no curves here, just straight roads for miles and miles and miles.......so i don't need a corner carver like my old man's mazdaspeed mx-5. So the roads over here lend themselves ALOT better for power than handling....
Third.. I've heard of turbo charging an H22 but i've also heard that its risky because of the already high compression this motor creates...It would be very unlikely that i would do this but i want to ask about something else.. Has anyone here ever supercharged an H22 or heard of someone who has? I read an article in import tuner magazine about this gurl who supercharged her '01 prelude. It looked like a kick-*** set set-up....very nice.....
If so, would you have to change the internals for superchargingjust as much as you would when doing a turbo??? Or is the supercharger easier on the internals than a turbo?? (<<this question might seem dumb, but i'm still learning, and learning fast)
anyway dats all i could think of for now......if i think of any more ?'s i'll ask...

Old 02-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Default RE: H22 handling question.......

I'd turbo the ex.It can still make enough power under boost. Leave the h22 swaps to the dx crowd.
My dx hatchback is my winter car!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Default RE: H22 handling question.......

Marty should chime in on this one.