Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

05' civic 1.7 liter. what to do??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

For intake you can use a d16y7 intake manifold for gains. along with a good cai and exhaust.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Default re

well like i said im not going for alot of gain out of this car. i bought it outright for a good price and am mainly into the 38mpg hwy i get right now. but would like to add a little performance to it and maybe later down the road when i have the expendable income get alot more involved ie turbo, engine swap, etc... and in my opinion i made a good decision buying this car with this engine. would much rather start with a newer platform car that has absolutely no problems and is in perfect condition over an older car that has some mods and usually problems as things are either worn out or just not put together right. so has anybody done a turbo, hi comp pistons, or anything to these engines??

btw to answer the question about what i find anemic about it is definately the bottom end. like going on an onramp to merge on the highway. absolutely no get up and go. its an automatic btw.

thanks for all the input and how much difference am i gonna see with a cold air intake alone. will it be noticeable?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:46 PM

also i have seen these headers that claim to bolt up to stock exhaust. if i were to get a header and cold air intake what would the gains be? basically would it be worth the money and time or should i just throw a k+n in the stock air box and call it good till i reach the point of addressing the engine

Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

with header and intake you might see a little. Nothing that will throw you back in your seat that is for sure.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 AM
HCF Member

For the amount of time/parts/labor you're going to dump into this to crack into the 14's you could just buy a decently performing car.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Administrator

hey douchebag, he is asking what he can do to improve HIS CAR, i guess your assuming he is willing to sell the car and pick up something like your minivan?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Originally Posted by My04Civic
hey douchebag, he is asking what he can do to improve HIS CAR, i guess your assuming he is willing to sell the car and pick up something like your minivan?
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed!!!

why is it that the guys that drive the gen of si are always tool bags. they think they are sooo fast and soo cool. NEWS FLASH---> YOUR NOT.. the gen of si is so damn ugly. and u dont see any of them on the streets hardly bc ppl could see how ugly they truely are. His car might be slow right now.. but the coupe is a hell of alot nicer looking than the si. SORRY dude

Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 AM

I kinda like EP3's... lol. Not the dashboard though.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Administrator

ep3's are ugly minivans /story

Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM

i do appreciate everyones opinion but i think some people misunderstood what this thread was about. i was just curious on the potential of the engine and mainly just want a little more power out of it, ie. getting up to speed a little quicker. i dont expect to be going 14's in this car. i knew i wasnt buying the best platform for a performance car engine wise, when i bought it. my intentions with the purchase of an automobile was to find a car that was dependable, reliable, got execellent gas mileage, and was reasonably priced. i accomplished all my criteria and i love my honda. thats what counts right?

and to each his own on Prestons ep3. individuality is what makes us human. if we all liked the same things, and cars it would just be a boring world. in fact i dont know if anyone has seen the classic mini coopers with the vtec conversions but i love em. light, fast and great looks. nobody has them in the U.S. and i like being different.

Last edited by frankysfree; 08-06-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: added content

Quick Reply: 05' civic 1.7 liter. what to do??