Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

94 Civic Lx

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Powa!

look at it this way...25 hp is 20% increase over stock. You will definitly feel it, and if you do headwork to the head that you put on it it can see up to 40hp on it. depends really what you do to it. might mill the head to raise compression, use a good cam and valvetrain and do port and polish...

Old 10-22-2006, 07:18 PM

How do I get a V-tec head? Junk yard? Plus, how much would it cost to have someone install it?

Old 10-22-2006, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

PM me if you are looking for a vtec head and a really nice intake manifold. You can do the install, all you need to do is take your timing belt off, remove the head/intake manifold, lift the old one off, lay the new one down, use new head bolts or a set of arp head studs, rehook all vacuumes up, re-install a new timing belt, and time it. It is a good chance like what is said above to install a new cam in the head, and a new timing belt on your car.

I'd say get a buddy and clear a weekend to do it being you never have. Also a great upgrade for you would be to swap to a 92-00 civic ex 5 speed transmission even if you allready have a manual because it has alot better gearing.