Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

the abomination to the honda name.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:36 AM
HCF Member
Default the abomination to the honda name.

so the engine in my 92 hatch went, how do i say, screwy. so, i sold my truck to pay for a swap/build. $30,000 usd. now i'm wanting to do something thats never been done before. EVER. and i know you guys will hate on me hard for this. maybe even get me banned, but here it goes anyway.

the shop down from my road can put any engine in any thing. and i know there is not a single honda motor in a honda that hasnt been done already. so......

i was thinking..... 2jz-gte?? never been done to my knowledge. i know it's an abomination to the honda name. but what do you guys think? is there a honda motor capable of creating the power of a built supra motor? and is there a swap that's rare, not done often? they will build the engine upgrade the turbo convert to rwd and drop the engine in for $25k usd.

don't hate on me to much. i just want to have something truely unique.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 AM

That won't get you banned but we probably won't be very helpful on the tech side.

Can you give more info on the engine? What is it out of, etc?

[edit] reading fails me. Supra. Hm, there's a guy on my local forum selling one of those engines for $50. Something doesn't seem right.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, I've seen 1200+whp supras, so I'm going to say it's going to be tough to touch that with a honda motor. The NSX engine is good for around 1,000whp; I'd say that's about the closest you're going to come.

And a 2JZ-powered civic would be awesome, but I can't imagine how much it'd cost you.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:23 AM
HCF Member

like i said The Shop will do it for roughly 25k usd. which is wicked expensive for a hatch. buuuuut. it'd be pretty sick. i told them what i wanted as far as performance wise and they said they would build it to about 900 hp. a 900 hp rwd hatch. talking about crazy. it'd be half impossible to control. sooooo i guess i'm going to do the 2jz conversion. my truck had been sitting there for about a year and i just decided i didn't want it anymore so i sold it to my dad. i'll post pics of my car and when i get done with it i'll post pics of the wickedness that will be the engine bay. it'll be a sleeper from hell. it's lowered and will have black rota circuit 8's 15" captiva blue mettalic (factory paint) and that's it.

EDIT: I can get the engine for like $1800 usd but i'd rather get the shop to get it for $2500.. wait.. if they are going to be building it anyway why would i do that. it's the engine out of the twin turbo'd supra. i believe they lay down about 350 hp stock. which is about as much as a built and boosted honda motor. now i am trying to figure out if i should do the 2jzgte or the 2jzgte vvti. ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! i hate only knowing about hondas and nissans.....

Another Edit: 2jzgte vvti is crap. weak pistons to allow for better revving and usdm emissions. even built they are limited to like 650 hp. dude said he built his vvti to 800 hp and it blew a rod through the side of the motor. correct me if i'm wrong. i don't know sh*t about toyotas.

Last edited by shane7213; 06-11-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Super Cereal Admin

sleeper from hell is right.

$25k is actually a lot cheaper than I thought it'd be to swap it in and get it to 900rwhp. Also, as a side note, 900rwhp and a 2400lb car... traction is going to be a luxury

Old 06-11-2010, 04:43 AM
HCF Member

yeahhh but it'll be funny when my buddies built and super'd 5.0 mustang (that eat my boosted teg alive) get's stomped by a little hatch. of course it better spending that amount of coin on it. lol. shew i want it done like right now. i've never even seen a rwd inline engine in a civic in person. i wondering what a 900 whp supra powered hatch could do against my buddies miata with a gto swap (stock engine i/h/e). yeah if you haven't noticed kingsport ppl like doing random swaps. like the rb26 powered 68 mustang. gto powered miata. ls-VTEC power cavalier. i'm talking about random stuff. gotta love the rednecks. when i get this done i need ideas on another random swap project.

have any of you heard of a supra powered honda at all? i can't find one on the net.

EDIT: sorry i forgoted about the supra powered s2k. it's pretty brutal

Last edited by shane7213; 06-11-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, there's a few JZ-powered AP's. The only RWD civic I know of is the civette (LS1). There's a few M/R integras and del sols running around with honda engines, but I don't think anyone's put a 1JZ/2JZ in a civic to date.

Personally, I'd like to see an AE86 with a 2JZ and supra IRS

Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 AM
HCF Member

hmmm. i think i'm just going to pick random cars and do 2jz swaps. i mean why not??? lol. imo a ragtop geo would be a bad cantidate. lol

Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Well, once you get a Civic for the swap, be sure to start a project thread and get lots of pictures and info about the process. It would be nice to have another EPIC project on HCF.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

MMM i love this idea, why would u think that we'd hate you for it lol its not disgracing the Honda name...its making one kick *** civic and thats what we care about

This is prety kool though seriously if you pull this off it will be one of the koolest EG's i think i've ever seen/heard of

So how do you plan on keeping her on the ground (traction)? And ur whole car is gonna need a lot of suport to keep it from binding and twisting etc.

Quick Reply: the abomination to the honda name.