Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

answer this question! i need to know asap

Old 02-09-2008, 12:02 PM
HCF Member
Default answer this question! i need to know asap

the cover that has the dipstick hole in it in a d16y8, whats it called?

its located behind the harmonic balancer at the bottom the block, right above the oil pan.

on my built motor there is a gap between the oil pan and this piece, and it has no hole for dipstick (aka its a p.o.s. aftermarket part) so i need to replace it but i cant find the name of it anywhere

is it number 9 on this list, it doesnt look the same in the drawing because i see no hole hwere a dipstick would be inserted, but its in the right spot?? frusterating! lol

stupid thing

Old 02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: answer this question! i need to know asap

see the 2nd hole on the left side? thats where the dipstick goes, my oil pump doesnt have that, and see that little U bend at the bottom in the middle? between that and the oil pan is a 1/8" gap! NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a melling oil pump for you d16

OK, im an idiot, after some extensive research i think i realized that the guy who built my motor replaced the factory oil pump with an aftermarket hunk of crap, it has a huge gap between the bottom of the U and no dipstick hole... great for me.. another $170 out the door, but for a good high quality one

final question, the oil pump sits outside the block, directly between the harmonic balancer and on top of the oil pan....

if im correct than i solved my own problem, but can someone please tell me if im right..